Tuesday, 15 March 2011
Japan - Alarm Over Spent Fuel Rods Threatens “Chernobyl on Steroids”
Perhaps the most underreported and deadliest aspect of the three explosions and numerous fires to hit the stricken Fukushima nuclear reactor since Saturday is the fact that highly radioactive spent fuel rods which are stored outside of the active nuclear rod containment facility are likely to have been massively compromised by the blasts, an elevation in the crisis that would represent “Chernobyl on steroids,” according to nuclear engineer Arnie Gundersen.
The BBC is now reporting that “spent fuel rods in reactors five and six are also now believed to be heating up,” with a new fire at reactor 4, where more spent rods are stored, causing smoke to pour from the facility.
“Japanese news agency Kyodo reports that the storage pool in reactor four – where the spent fuel rods are kept – may be boiling. Tepco says readings are showing high levels of radiation in the building, so it is inaccessible,” adds the report.
“At the 40-year-old Fukushima Daiichi unit 1, where an explosion Saturday destroyed a building housing the reactor, the spent fuel pool, in accordance with General Electric’s design, is placed above the reactor. Tokyo Electric said it was trying to figure out how to maintain water levels in the pools, indicating that the normal safety systems there had failed, too. Failure to keep adequate water levels in a pool would lead to a catastrophic fire, said nuclear experts, some of whom think that unit 1’s pool may now be outside,” reports the Washington Post.
The rods must be kept cool because otherwise they start to burn and, in the case of reactor number 3, would release plutonium and uranium in the form of vapor into the atmosphere.
“That’s bad news, because plutonium scattered into the atmosphere is even more dangerous that the combustion products of rods without plutonium,” writes Kirk James Murphy.
“We’d be lucky if we only had to worry about the spent fuel rods from a single holding pool. We’re not that lucky. The Fukushima Daiichi plant has seven pools for spent fuel rods. Six of these are (or were) located at the top of six reactor buildings. One “common pool” is at ground level in a separate building. Each “reactor top” pool holds 3450 fuel rod assemblies. The common pool holds 6291 fuel rod assemblies. [The common pool has windows on one wall which were almost certainly destroyed by the tsunami.] Each assembly holds sixty-three fuel rods. This means the Fukushima Daiichi plant may contain over 600,000 spent fuel rods.”
- Sep 2011 (1)
- Apr 2011 (19)
- Twisted Firestarter - The False Flag Psychosis
- Seriously Good Earthquake Advice - The "Triangle o...
- Gandhi's Strange Private Life?
- Vegan Parents Arrested After Breastfed Baby Dies, ...
- Sharia-For-Brains: Islamic Invaders
- Natural Antibiotics Info
- Plutonium Detected In Soil Around Fukushima
- Survive The Current Blogger Paragraphs Situation W...
- Links 28/Mar/11 - Loose Ends
- They Must Think We're So D.U.M.B.
- Bankrupt Jesuit Order Pays Native Americans $166 M...
- Observations - Comatose Celts in England
- Earth Hour 2011 Today...
- Yellow Rain Over Tokyo - Disinformation? Radioacti...
- Japan - Neutron Beams Observed; Fukushima Reactors...
- Get Rid of the Ego?
- The Royal WASP/Hebrew Knows But Only Tells His Cla...
- Thermal Photos - Fukushima Reactors Above Boiling ...
- Breathe In, Europe - Libya DU Fallout Inbound
- I bet she didn't expect to spend her last days lik...
- Japan - Fukushima #3 smoking - possibly including ...
- BBC Demands Tribute From Americans - To Combat Cen...
- Libya - SAS Troops On The Ground; UN Resolution Do...
- Commonwealth, Common Propaganda
- Militarism, Feminism and Statism: The Family Of Ev...
- Truth About Soy, Yeast Extract, Soy Protein, Soybe...
- Links 20/Mar/11
- The Real Reason Why There Is No English Parliament...
- Libya Intervention - QE2's African Cousin, Peace P...
- Damaged fuel rod storage pool at Japan Fukushima #...
- The True Battle of Chernobyl Uncensored
- The Birds That Fear No Man
- Bahrain - World's Biggest Street Gang Live Up To N...
- UN "Approves" No Fly Zone Over Libya
- The Fukushima Fifty
- Brave Japanese Chopper Crews Drop Water on Reactor...
- Happy St Patrick's Day, Irish
- Japan Earthquake. Natural or HAARP?
- Earthquakes in N Pacific before and after Japan ts...
- Japan - Alarm Over Spent Fuel Rods Threatens “Cher...
- EU Dictatorship Criticises Bulgaria for Non-Compli...
- Untested nanoparticles showing up in thousands of ...
- Extreme Oath of the Jesuits
- Trivia for listeners of Alex Jones
- We Don't Know The Truth About Japan's Nuclear Disa...
- Links 14/Mar/11
- Japan - Exploded Reactor Used MOX Fuel
- If you want to know where the power lies
- HAARP activity before and during Japan quake
- Japan - Nuclear Meltdown?
- Credo Mutwa "Before my eyes close in death" + a Tr...
- Tsunami in Japan - the force of nature, or Rothsch...
- Fred Goodwin, the wanker
- The Politician Mentality - Candidate Beats Cat to ...
- Fake Commie Charities Help Enslave Third World
- City Bankers Squeal...Tax the Plebs, Not Us!
- British Plans to Strip Gaddafi of Oil Revenue - ak...
- In New Food Culture, a Young Generation of Farmers...
- Ancesrty Research: Porteous et al
- The Tiny Dot - The Most Dangerous Superstition
- Sickening - Sex Ed for 5 Year Olds
- Interesting. Crown Continues to Pin Tale of Blame ...
- The Battle for Zawiyah, Libya
- Good Christian Bitches: TV Excrement Circles the D...
- Are we running out of resources?
- Era of constant electricity at home is ending, say...
- Lawful Rebellion 7th March Birkenhead
- Protestors storm court and 'arrest' judge in chaot...
- Doctor Says Legalise Drugs
- Quite A List of Atrocities
- Second National day of Rage in Iraq. Western media...
- UN Ties To Venus Project: March-01-2011 WideShut R...
- We Can't Take The Children Away From Their Parents...
- David Icke and Luke Rudkowski in New York
- SAS Soldiers 'Held By Libyan Rebels'
- Oh Really? SAS and MI6 Spies 'Poised To Help Libya...
- Cecil Rhodes' Confession of Faith, 1877
- EUgenicists Tell Us To Be Accepting and Tolerant (...
- Bliar's Buddies...or, How The World Really Works
- Madoff Screams In Pain As He Strikes You
- Funny Stuff - CNN Asks, Are Whites Racially Oppres...
- Jones did a good job handling jew baiting caller
- Are Hillary's Dark Knights Losing the Infowar?
- Links 3/Mar/11
- Hoax of the Bosnian Serb Death Camp
- UK-USA Floating Idea of 'Intervention' in Libya
- Government Seizes 'Baby Gaga'
- Iran Threatens to Boycott the 2012 'Zion Olympics'...
- NATO Invasion of Libya 'disgusting idea'
- Air Crapper One - Remote Control Chemtrailer
- Feb 2011 (81)
- Jan 2011 (55)
- Dec 2010 (46)
- Nov 2010 (74)
- Oct 2010 (52)
- Sep 2010 (47)
- Aug 2010 (15)
- Jul 2010 (29)
- Jun 2010 (67)
- May 2010 (69)
- Apr 2010 (79)
- Mar 2010 (86)
- Feb 2010 (43)
- Jan 2010 (40)
- Dec 2009 (40)
- Nov 2009 (25)
- Oct 2009 (47)
- Sep 2009 (55)
- Aug 2009 (31)
- Jul 2009 (33)
- Jun 2009 (41)
- May 2009 (66)
- Apr 2009 (78)
- Mar 2009 (56)
- Feb 2009 (45)
- Jan 2009 (38)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)