Sunday, 8 February 2009
Orwell's 1984: A Warning
"The ideal set up by the Party was something huge, terrible, and glittering—a world of steel and concrete, of monstrous machines and terrifying weapons—a nation of warriors and fanatics, marching forward in perfect unity, all thinking the same thoughts and shouting the same slogans, perpetually working, fighting, triumphing, persecuting—three hundred million people all with the same face."
"There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time...You had to live—did live, from habit that became instinct—in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized."
"WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH."
"But always—do not forget this Winston—always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever."
"We are not content with negative obedience, nor even with the most abject submission. When finally you surrender to us, it must be of your own free will. We do not destroy the heretic because he resists us; so long as he resists us we never destroy him...We make him one of ourselves before we kill him. It is intolerable to us that an erroneous thought should exist anywhere in the world, however secret and powerless it may be. Even in the instance of death we cannot permit any deviation . . . we make the brain perfect before we blow it out."
"But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."
- ► 2010 (647)
- Home Schoolers Under Attack
- No More Extraordinary Rendition Excuses
- The Real Paradigm
- Guide to CCTV Destruction
- Time to Ban Knives?
- Chinese Cloud Seeding
- Shoe Thrower: "I wanted to restore pride of Iraq"
- Why 'Nationalization'...isn't
- New Film "The International"
- "The Legacy of Gun Control"
- John F. Kennedy vs the Federal Reserve
- NAFTA foes have HOPE for Obama renegotiation
- Don't Blame the Jews
- My Take on Defining the 'New World Order'
- Trends Forecaster Predicts Revolution Soon
- Been reading about the Clinton Body Count
- Intent of the Stimulus Bill
- Severity of Global Warming 'underestimated'
- So now the G7 defend Free Trade?
- The Cotton Wool Kids, victims of fear-mongering
- It's a Boy! (and that's just the father)
- Nanny says, 'Look out for ice!'
- New UK libertarian ad
- I am going to scare you
- UK's CO2 plan 'certain to fail'
- Oh, this is too much...
- Iran cannot be bullied like Iraq
- Aussie Bush Fires "Like A Bomb Blast"
- Civil Unrest Makes EU Governments Nervous
- "The CIA owns everyone in major media"
- What is the plan in Afghanistan?
- Don't Worry, Salt Shipments are on the way!
- "Torture Will Test Obama's Idealism"
- Global Tyranny Will Be Defeated
- Orwell's 1984: A Warning
- The New World Order in Their Own Words
- My 9/11 Doubts Laid To Rest
- Thank you for telling me, Lords!
- US Troops asked if they would shoot US Citizens
- Fox News: 9/11 Truthers are 'mentally ill'
- Eco-Children 'Re-Educating' Parents
- Central Banks: Begging, Borrowing, Stealing
- More on the Geopolitical Situation
- The Grand Chessboard War Continues
- ▼ Feb 2009 (45)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)