Saturday, 7 March 2009
Gaming Good for Children, Study Says
Story at IT Pro Portal
I am not going to be a hypocrite. I am a gamer. But, in all honesty, I do not believe the findings of this study. I hear about the new generation of zombie children (just a metaphor, before you reach for the shotgun) who have played videogames from a young age, maybe 2-3 years old onwards. They tend to be characterised by their lack of verbal communication ability, and 'hyperactive' or aggressive nature. (And then our lovely social workers give them ritalin to 'calm them down', but that's another story.)
So am I skeptical of the 'finding' that videogames are good for children? Yes. Is that skepticism heightened by the long history of declarations that something is 'good', only for evidence to emerge the original claim was bull? Yes Yes Yes.
Look at, for just one example, the infamous American news report on two studies which found mercury to be beneficial to children (ahem)
For more information on mercury toxicity, try diagnosismercury.org
So these conflict-of-interest studies that 'prove' something to be safe, are not to be trusted.
- ► 2010 (647)
- Join, or Die, in 2009
- Cervical Cancer jab - please...just don't.
- Longer schooling cuts dementia risk (says a Uni)
- Don't vote Conservative if you want real change
- G20 Protests: A Microcosm of Left and Right
- Vaccine Revolt in Ukraine
- Homeless Californians get to go to a camp
- Spraying viruses on meat, for your own good
- Wake Up Call
- "Ultimate Undebunkable 9/11 Truth Crash Course"
- Obama GIVE Act ==> DRAFT
- How to make a cannibal holocaust
- Greens want to slaughter 30 million Brits
- I feel betrayed by The Young Turks
- Chemtrail Cinema
- "Imagine" by Ron Paul
- The Obama Magic wearing off?
- Sounds like Dunkirk...
- The UN's global green "new deal"
- The Music of Aimee Allen
- A Salute to Officer Jack McLamb
- William Shatner on gun control...
- Obama slashing benefits for Veterans?
- Ron Paul vs Ben Bernanke (again)
- US Gun Banners Making Their Move
- Times: Nobody listens to real climate change exper...
- FILM: Obama and the Global Elite
- Michael Savage predicts "Reichstag Fire-like event...
- POLITICO: Bildebergers Excite Conspiracists
- Read the leaflet issued to police in Missouri
- NAFTA, NAU, Emergency Powers, and the NWO
- Did Vaccines Really Save Us?
- Emergency Broadcast: New World Order Ahead
- Chuck Norris on the Alex Jones Show
- US Constitution Supporters are Terrorists
- Should we tax fat people?
- Oath Keepers
- Had time to watch The Obama Deception
- Chemtrails: Indisputable Video Evidence
- TV's effects on brain 'like opium'
- EU President on "Global Warming Alarmism"
- NWO wouldn't cross Chuck Norris
- "Quantitative Easing" insults our intelligence
- EARLY LAUNCH: The Obama Deception
- Climate 'denial' is now a mental disorder
- Three Jailed for Equipping Militants Overseas
- The Unholy Alliance: CIA and Drug Trade
- ONLY the vaccinated died from Spanish 'Flu?
- Gaming Good for Children, Study Says
- Spy Agencies' Computer Project "Scrapped"
- Land of the Free
- A Few References to the NWO in the media
- These are the people screwing you
- American Soldier Stands Up For Freedom
- Um, what balancing act?
- ▼ Mar 2009 (56)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)