Sunday, 26 April 2009
UK's new saviour, David Cameron
Telegraph - David Cameron to crack down on public sector pay
In the speech he named several public-sector employees who he indicated are overpaid. Ed Richards, the chief executive of Ofcom earns £400,000 and British Waterways Board bosses Robin Evans, Nigel Johnson, James Froomberg and Phillip Ridal, have combined salaries of £900,000 - enough to employ 30 nurses.
He said a Conservative Government will "out" quangocrats and mandarins who have been "getting rich at the taxpayer's expense" by publishing details of all public sector salaries over £150,000.
Mr Cameron said that means-tested tax credits for people earning over £50,000 would be scrapped to save taxpayers' money.
"It is not easy, or popular, for governments to take money away from people," the Conservative leader said. "With a Conservative government, tax credits will be there to help make society fairer, not the state bigger.
"And we must apply the same discipline throughout government. That means making sure that public sector pay and pensions reflect the realities of the economic situation.
"Let me make it clear to everyone who works in the public sector: we will honour existing pay deals, including any three year pay deals. But many of them end next year.
"And this is the deal we'll be offering you then: We will help you by getting rid of the central direction and bureaucracy that undermines your professional autonomy and morale. And in exchange we will ask for your help in solving Labour's Debt Crisis by keeping the cost of public sector pay only as high as the country can responsibly afford."
The Conservative leader also indicated that the Conservatives may freeze public spending in future. He has previously only said that the party would undercut Labour's spending plans.
"We said they [Labour] should reduce their spending plans back in 2008," he said. "And now we're saying they should abandon their irresponsible plan to spend more in 2010. Controlling public spending and delivering more for less must start right now.
"We've made it clear that a Conservative government would spend less than Labour. We're not frightened of their idiotic ritual chants about 'cuts'. Everybody knows that Labour's debt crisis means public spending cuts. And instead of putting them off, Labour should be making them today."
Philip Hammond, a shadow Treasury minister, indicated that a Conservative Government would seek to reintroduce Gordon Brown's "golden rule" – to keep Government borrowing below 40 percent of national economic output. Under Labour's plans, borrowing is forecast to rise to 79 percent of output and is not forecast to fall below the 40 percent level until 2032.
Mr Cameron called for a "massive culture change at every level of government". He said he wanted to replace "Labour's spendaholic government with a new government of thrift."
"With a Conservative government, if ministers want to impress the boss, they'll have to make their budgets smaller, not bigger," he said. "On my watch it will be simple: if you do more for less you get promoted. If you do less for more, you get sacked.
"If we'd had this approach over the last twelve years, I don't suppose there'd be a single Labour minister left."
The Conservative leader also warned that he was likely to have to increase taxes to pay-off soaring levels of Government debt.
"Fifteen years ago, I was in the Treasury as we had to deal with public finances that had got out of control; debt that had got too high," he said. "We had to put up taxes, and I hate it. But it was the right thing to do and that lesson has stayed with me. That's why I'm a fiscal conservative."
The tone is familiar. Here are these great well-meaning people going up against the establishment...only problem is that, like the Obama phenomenon, the very people expected to fight the establishment are owned by the establishment! I would recommend voting outside of the big three parties, don't let the "BNP are going to get in" fearmongering keep you voting Labour or whoever - it's a ploy to discredit those who vote for smaller parties.
- ► 2010 (647)
- Countdown to 1776!
- TIME Sell Forced Vaccination Propaganda
- Peter Lavelle: The New World Order is Good
- Swine Flu Crisis: WHO Level 5 Declared
- No Coal, No Carbon...for the Earth, Comrades!
- Jim Shaw, former Freemason, 33rd Degree
- Ordo ab Chao: Swine Flu Edition
- New World Order Card Game from 1995
- UK's new saviour, David Cameron
- Daily Kos wants to End the Fed!
- Defending David Icke: Not a "far-right" neo-Nazi
- Has AIDS Already Been Cured?
- Captured, Killed, Never Existed, Now Captured Agai...
- Gurkha Veterans deserve right to stay
- Cut Down Trees to Fight Global Warming
- "Interrogation Techniques" is Newspeak for Torture...
- Why we need to kill the babies
- Reduce Your Water Footprint
- Cops can now 'take all your stuff'
- Operation Amalgam Virgo, June 2001
- The Amish don't suffer from Autism
- Don't forget the Grace Commission
- I'm supposed to die at 11! Wait...what?
- Ve Vere Jast Vollowing Orders!
- Change your lifestyle to save the planet!
- "Weaving Spiders Come Not Here"
- Demand transparency from the Fed...
- Does Anyone Believe the FSA?
- Bertrand Russell is SCUM
- A Reminder: Obama Youth
- How to deal with the police...
- Green Nut Prophesises Collapse of Society
- How Obama suckered the Anti-Warists
- Drugs from the Internet are dangerous...
- The Media Whores Have Come Round to Ron Paul
- Footnotes on Israel, Zionism, Divide and Conquer
- Stench of Cover-up over G20 death
- Iraq War vet: "I am a Terrorist"
- Jeff Rense Show, guest Gerald Celente
- Alan Colmes Show, guest Alex Jones
- Well, at least he's human.
- Navy raid on pirates, US Captain freed
- Obama surrounded by crime and low-lifes?
- Bird flu reportedly transported by Dept Homeland S...
- Oath Keepers at Lexington Green
- What does a trillion dollars look like?
- The BNP: A threat?
- The Hope Opiate
- A revolutionary solution to piracy...
- Echoes of PNAC?
- The Government is Already Geo-Engineering
- The G20 moves the world a step closer to a global ...
- Posters to keep the sheep in line
- Take your shot...or this happens
- Cenk Uygur blames Fox News for ADHD Shooter
- Obama's First 100 Days: they really meant it
- Stephen Jones tells '911 debunkers' to put up or s...
- The Obama Haze IS Clearing
- AP: Obama Looks At Climate Engineering
- Government wants to order us what to eat
- News on the latest Riot Gear Murder
- US Marine: "Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me DEATH!"
- Loans to carmakers...in Euros
- Glenn Beck's debunking: Debunked!
- Aaron Russo on the World Gov agenda
- The 9/11 Proof finally arrives
- Pushing ice cap paranoia with half-truths
- Bob Chapman on the end of the dollar and more
- Propaganda opportunity not missed by MSM
- Max Keiser: Bankers are Financial Terrorists
- Shame On You, riot police
- Art that helps you research the NWO
- I break down some globalist MSM shilling
- HR 1207: Audit the Fed!
- FT: "The World Needs an Unbiased Risk Assessor"
- What I didn't know about Peter "animal rights" Sin...
- Luke Rudkowski (out of prison) talks to Alex Jones...
- The ADL are 'hideously anti-Semitic'
- ▼ Apr 2009 (78)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)