Thursday, 18 March 2010
9/11 Commission was warned about "line" it "should not cross"
Raw Story - Revealed: Ashcroft, Tenet, Rumsfeld warned 9/11 Commission about ‘line’ it ’should not cross’
Senior Bush administration officials sternly cautioned the 9/11 Commission against probing too deeply into the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, according to a document recently obtained by the ACLU.
The notification came in a letter dated January 6, 2004, addressed by Attorney General John Ashcroft, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and CIA Director George J. Tenet. The ACLU described it as a fax sent by David Addington, then-counsel to former vice president Dick Cheney.
In the message, the officials denied the bipartisan commission's request to question terrorist detainees, informing its two senior-most members that doing so would "cross" a "line" and obstruct the administration's ability to protect the nation.
"In response to the Commission's expansive requests for access to secrets, the executive branch has provided such access in full cooperation," the letter read. "There is, however, a line that the Commission should not cross -- the line separating the Commission's proper inquiry into the September 11, 2001 attacks from interference with the Government's ability to safeguard the national security, including protection of Americans from future terrorist attacks."
The 9/11 Commission, officially called the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, was formed by President Bush in November of 2002 "to prepare a full and complete account of the circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks" and to offer recommendations for preventing future attacks.
"The Commission staff's proposed participation in questioning of detainees would cross that line," the letter continued. "As the officers of the United States responsible for the law enforcement, defense and intelligence functions of the Government, we urge your Commission not to further pursue the proposed request to participate in the questioning of detainees."
FireDogLake's Marcy Wheeler speculates that this was an attempt by the Bush administration to ensure that its torture of certain detainees, which has since been widely documented, remained secret.
"[W]hoever made these annotations appears to have been most worried that Commission staff members could make independent judgments about the detainees and the interrogations," Wheeler wrote on her blog. The official "didn't want anyone to independently evaluate the interrogations conducted in the torture program."
Eventually, the commission's co-chairs harshly criticized the administration for having purportedly "destroyed" tapes of its interrogations with terror suspects, as Raw Story reported last year.
9/11 Commission members Thomas Kean and Lee H. Hamilton wrote that although US President George W. Bush had ordered all executive branch agencies to cooperate with the probe, "recent revelations that the CIA destroyed videotaped interrogations of Qaeda operatives leads us to conclude that the agency failed to respond to our lawful requests for information about the 9/11 plot."
"Those who knew about those videotapes — and did not tell us about them — obstructed our investigation."
They continued: “There could have been absolutely no doubt in the mind of anyone at the CIA — or the White House — of the commission’s interest in any and all information related to Qaeda detainees involved in the 9/11 plot.
"Yet no one in the administration ever told the commission of the existence of videotapes of detainee interrogations," Kean and Hamilton wrote.
So don't you think the coverup is a little suspicious? Indicative of the much touted insider assistance? It's a fallacy to say that 'the government wouldn't do that'. Don't underestimate the power of compartmentalisation; most of the people involved would have had no idea what they were a part of, as is standard practice (because if they had known what they were doing they may not have gone along with it...check out the drills being run at the same time as the attacks, providing cover.)
And as for the usual claim that 'government is incompetent', well yes they are, but the supposed Islamic terror networks are even more incompetent. The shadow government/military state, however, yes the very one Eisenhower warned us about, is very much competent and deliberate. And sick enough to carry out such a public wicker man style human sacrifice satanic ritual as 9/11. Why not? They bomb other people all the time. A million dead Iraqis, and suddenly 3000 Americans becomes a conscience issue? I doubt it. Quite the opposite in fact, they lust after such opportunities. Dark power and all that.
- David Cameron Will Create Fatherland Gestapo
- Illuminati Created the US to Advance NWO?
- The Gospel of Judas
- Bob Marley - Top Rankin'
- Freaky Science Links
- 9/11 Truth and Anti-War March in Los Angeles
- Satanic Ritual Abuse in Utah: Satanists at Large
- Illuminati "63336" TV Ad
- Nigel Farage: EU Must Die
- Selective Hearing - MMR/Autism Documentary
- The Real History of Columbus
- AIPAC holding together the Zionist myth
- Judge Napolitano: Obamacare is Illegal
- New Interview with David Icke - Hacking the Matrix...
- Quick Links Variety Show
- Timeless Occult Symbolism - the Eagle and the Sun
- Sceptic Challenges Guru To Kill Him Live On TV
- Guerilla 9/11 Activism at Vancouver Olympics
- SPLC Brands 9/11 Truth "Hate"
- Baby Dies Despite Being Monitored by Social Worker...
- Dead Whistleblowers and Researchers - Coincidence?...
- 30 Million Kids Shot Up With Pig Virus
- Health Care Reform Bill: Pharma-Dominated Sickness...
- A Healthy Critique of the Anti-NWO Movement: Deer ...
- Alex Jones at Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Tr...
- Obama INVENTS story of Uncle who liberated Auschwi...
- Nasa Scientists Search for Invisible "Death Star"
- Quick Links Variety Show
- Michael Portillo: Power to the People
- DoD Shuts Down CIA-Run Terrorist Message Board
- Eric Dubay on Freemasonry
- Google Street View
- The Shocking Truth About Government Schools
- Scurry Back Into Your Holes - Fear Controls You
- India - Teenage Girl Kills Child to Attain Occult ...
- Modern Warfare 2: More Programming and Symbolism
- 9/11 Commission was warned about "line" it "should...
- Expect A False Flag Terror Attack To Precede Invas...
- Michael Tsarion on Conspiracy and Psychology
- You've Been Congressed Since 1776 And Before, It's...
- The Real Drug Problem: Pharmaceutical Addictions
- Shameless Anti-Free Speech Basterds
- The First Cause Argument
- George Carlin on Religion
- The 9/11 Cat is out of the bag
- Alex Jones Explains Fluoride
- Christianity and Sun Worship - Ongoing Research
- The Economic Nuke (but when?)
- (N)ever (A) (S)traight (A)nswer
- ABC vs Loose Change
- Turn Biden’s Public Humiliation to America’s Advan...
- The Man Who Was Allergic to Radio Waves
- The 'Dark Side' of Christianity
- FKN Newz - Jihad Jane Fantasy
- The Potential for 'Mental Health' Tyranny
- CNN: Conspiracy Theorists Are Potential "Suicide W...
- Hollie had the potential to topple government!
- "Gun Control" Is A Lie
- Scum of the Earth 9/11 Twoofers Vs the Sweetest Sm...
- Peak Dum
- Climategate: the aftermath
- For Now It's A Holocaust 'Game'...
- Parents Angry Over CCTV In School Toilets
- AIPAC of Raving Lunatics
- Mysterious snake appears in Queen Elizabeth I pain...
- UK 'Anti Terrorist' Radio Ad: Very Orwellian
- New York Fed Graffiti: "Audit Me"
- What a daft way to stop your spaniel eating the mi...
- Rachel Corrie's Parents Get Vile Letter From Haifa...
- State Crimes Against Democracy
- Robert Green, Anne and Hollie Greig radio intervie...
- Most Doctors Would Refuse Chemotherapy on Themselv...
- "Women's Day" is an Old Soviet Propaganda Ploy
- Ron Paul on the Illegitimate Government Coup
- Is this how the world is really run?
- Go Iceland Go!!
- Virtual Reality Universe?
- Robert Green presentation on the Hollie Greig scan...
- Ever Wonder Why We Are All In Debt?
- Paedophilia and Satanism: the Fabric of the Web
- Interesting - Bible Codes and the Universe
- What UK Government Paedophile Ring?
- More Paranoia About Vaccines (from Bill Gates)
- Taliban Coca Cola
- Dad Accused of Paedophilia for Photographing Son
- ▼ Mar 2010 (86)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)