Wednesday, 5 January 2011
A digital Big Brother can be good for you?
(CNN) -- The opening passage from George Orwell's "1984" depicts a guy hustling up a stairwell that's plastered with giant posters of a man's face staring at him.
"It was one of those pictures which are so contrived that the eyes follow you about when you move," Orwell writes in the classic dystopian novel. "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption beneath it ran."
These days, Big Brother doesn't need to do much snooping. We just tell him what we're up to. We tweet, check in on Foursquare, use digital payment systems and generally live so publicly that spying loses at least some degree of utility.
Meanwhile, we're quickly expanding the systems we've built to monitor ourselves and our environments. We connect our power consumption to the internet via "smart meters," we let Google's cameras map our streets and we use wireless gadgets to transmit vital signs to doctors.
All of that may sound horrifying. But as old notions of privacy evaporate, some benefits of a shared and monitored life become clearer. All this data has the potential to make our cities more efficient, encourage social connectedness and even aid in response to major disasters, such as earthquakes.
Here's a look at 10 ways constant monitoring and all-the-time online sharing can improve modern life.
Okay the only real benefit I can see, one this MSM lackey overlooked, is that a surveillance society can work both ways.
- How BBC warmists abuse the science
- Media using the "Anti-Semite" card to marginalise ...
- Moral Relativist Raeliens and Jack Fresko
- 1000 American Peace Corps Volunteers Raped/SA'd in...
- William Cooper - British Israelism
- Egyptian Anger - Chasing the Riot Police
- I take it back
- Freedom of speech...for who?
- Riots Travel Across Middle East
- Links 27/Jan/11
- Misandry - Men Are Disposable
- Dr Wakefield Was Telling The Truth About MMR/Autis...
- 77% of UK Stock Trading is High Frequency
- "What Educated Non-Muslims Don't Like About Islam"...
- Terror in Russia
- Resistance is Futile, Christians
- British Israelism
- Links 22/Jan/11
- Rock Paper Dust
- Blair Should Rot
- Judy Wood talks 9/11 and Directed Energy Weapons
- Someone Got A Little Too "Into" the WW2 Official N...
- Links 19/Jan/11
- European Union is Noahide Compliant
- Heroic Chilean Confronts David Rockefeller: "We do...
- Makow: England's Jewish Aristocracy [II]
- The Land of Easy Money
- A Little Real History Courtesy of MLK
- The Witch Hunt Begins: Citizen Spy Network Targets...
- BBCW Author Paid Visit By Feds
- Links 13/Jan/11
- Uh oh. Arizona shooter jewish?
- Deprogramming Yourself (The Parting of the Ways)
- Sherriff Mack: Arizona Shooter's Beliefs Don't Mat...
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. That's All They Really ...
- Assassination Blame Game
- Daily Express Runs Story on Mercury in Flu Vaccine...
- Films on Alternative Cancer Infomation
- Links etc 9/Jan/11
- Britain To Cover Up Royal Affairs
- Alan Watt: Prison Cities Coming in 2011
- IPCC Member says "authoritarianism is the natural ...
- “You claim,” he said, and I immediately stopped hi...
- Planned-opolis, aka the NWO Panopticon
- FDA attacks intravenous Vitamin C
- Swine Flu Vaccine Propaganda Makes Unwelcome 2011 ...
- London plumber made terror suspect for exposing Ci...
- Karpen's Pile - alleged over-unity energy machine ...
- What Chemtrails
- A digital Big Brother can be good for you?
- Asian/Muslim sex gangs groom white girls
- "Austerity" Scam: European Nations Begin Seizing P...
- Murdered Bush Aide Was An Expert In Chemical and B...
- Met Office really ought to be abolished...what's t...
- Links 1/Jan/11 (Happy New Year, All)
- ▼ Jan 2011 (55)
- ► 2010 (647)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)