Saturday, 28 November 2009
Polanski The Kiddy Fiddler Goes Free
Times: Sarkozy 'very effective' in securing Polanski release
Roman Polanski’s family yesterday praised the role played by Nicolas Sarkozy in securing the film director’s release on bail after two months in a Swiss prison.
The French President “has been very effective” behind the scenes, according to the film director’s sister-in-law Mathilde Seigner, as Mr Polanski prepared to move from a cell to house arrest in his luxury chalet in the exclusive Alpine village of Gstaad.
Ms Seigner refused to elaborate on the nature of Mr Sarkozy’s assistance but the President may have been influenced by his wife Carla Bruni’s own connections with the chic Parisian artisic set to which Mr Polanski, his actress wife Emmanuelle Seigner and her sister all belong.
The Swiss authorities said that Mr Polanski would be allowed out once the agreed bail of 4.5 million Swiss Francs had been received. They have ordered that he should not leave his chalet - for fear that the first-rate skier might slip over the nearby border via a mountain pass into his adopted French homeland and escape US justice a second time.
“I wouldn’t go so far as to say that it is thanks to the President that Roman has been freed, but he has been super,” Mathilde Seigner told Le Parisien newspaper.
“The President has been very effective.”
- ► 2010 (647)
- AGW and Peak Oil: A Two-Part Malthusian Myth
- How bad is Modern Warfare 2, anyway?
- Shocking Flu Vaccine Miscarriage Stories
- Polanski The Kiddy Fiddler Goes Free
- The Only Question Is, Who Came On To Whom?
- Israel: F' Yeah!
- For A Change: Satanic Tom and Jerry
- And Before You Notice It, The EU Is A Country
- Think Like A Psychopath: How To Get Away With Evil...
- And No Man Shall Be Able To Buy Or Sell
- Afghanistan: Why We Fight
- Now-recovered Cheerleader attacked by Big Media
- The Reality of the Afghan War
- Cheerleader injured by Flu Shot now CURED (by natu...
- 1oz Gold Coin for $50, No Takers?!
- Psych Drugs and Mass Shootings
- I finally found a theme song for Israel
- A Tribute to our Friends, the Bankers
- A Tragedy of Hope
- Gotta use up those H1N1 vaccines somehow...
- Pandemic Martial Law in Ukraine?
- "Spiritual" Global Warming arguments needed: Gore
- Robert Kennedy Jr Continues Family Tradition
- Surprise surprise, Lockerbie bombing cover-up
- "Stop being so selfish and get the swine flu vacci...
- ▼ Nov 2009 (25)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)