Sunday, 15 November 2009
Afghanistan: Why We Fight
(a bit closer to home, here's Gordon reciting the mantra that we must fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here; I guess the truth of that depends on who 'they' are, doesn't it?)
"The prime minister said he rejected this because three-quarters of terrorist plots against the UK originated in Afghanistan and Pakistan." (source article)
- And four fifths of statistics are made up to give credence to an argument?
Here are some statistics that were not made up. This is a chart of opium production in Afghanistan (but please search images 'opium afghanistan' for yourself to confirm) which paints a slightly different picture of our motives for war there.
For what it's worth, I don't think Iraq is about the oil, but the oil is one factor - a bonus prize if you will. I think opium is just as significant (if not more) in Afghanistan - but not stopping opium, oh no. If the US/NATO wanted opium production to stop, they would have allowed the Taliban quasi-government of the late 90s continue to stamp out poppy cultivation as they were doing (see chart). But they seem more intent on increasing and protecting poppy cultivation and thus opium production. Instead of a 'war on drugs', which is bad enough, here we seem to have a 'war for drugs', which is even worse morally.
The Afghan 'government' under the autocratically selected warlord Karzai is transparently corrupt. There is nothing in that country that needs defending by foreign troops. Let the locals deal with it, believe me they don't need our help shooting at one another.
And as for the issue of radical Islam, a concerning cultural phenomenon (but, I would emphasise, a *domestic* issue not a foreign policy issue), we would be in a better position to criticise it effectively if we regained the moral high ground when complaining how 'Islam wants to impose its values on us', a *legitimate concern*, if we also acknowledged that while some foolish Muslims may make such threats, we (or our governments) have actually gone a step further and are carrying out similar such threats in trying to impose 'Western values' (ie fake elections, puppet rulers and corporate debt slavery) on the rest of the world.
Hypocrisy is best served at morgue temperature. With a crisp covering of flags and banners. Oh, and probably some roses too just to hide the foul stench of decaying morality. Follow it up with a nice Masonic phallus so that the elites can brag how they fuck you over even after your sacrificial death.
For we are, after all, mere pawns in their game. Are we not?
- ► 2010 (647)
- AGW and Peak Oil: A Two-Part Malthusian Myth
- How bad is Modern Warfare 2, anyway?
- Shocking Flu Vaccine Miscarriage Stories
- Polanski The Kiddy Fiddler Goes Free
- The Only Question Is, Who Came On To Whom?
- Israel: F' Yeah!
- For A Change: Satanic Tom and Jerry
- And Before You Notice It, The EU Is A Country
- Think Like A Psychopath: How To Get Away With Evil...
- And No Man Shall Be Able To Buy Or Sell
- Afghanistan: Why We Fight
- Now-recovered Cheerleader attacked by Big Media
- The Reality of the Afghan War
- Cheerleader injured by Flu Shot now CURED (by natu...
- 1oz Gold Coin for $50, No Takers?!
- Psych Drugs and Mass Shootings
- I finally found a theme song for Israel
- A Tribute to our Friends, the Bankers
- A Tragedy of Hope
- Gotta use up those H1N1 vaccines somehow...
- Pandemic Martial Law in Ukraine?
- "Spiritual" Global Warming arguments needed: Gore
- Robert Kennedy Jr Continues Family Tradition
- Surprise surprise, Lockerbie bombing cover-up
- "Stop being so selfish and get the swine flu vacci...
- ▼ Nov 2009 (25)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)