Saturday, 23 January 2010
"Jay Z is not a Mason", says Jay Z's video director
Also, I love how the 'conspiracy theory is about projecting pre-existing beliefs then looking for evidence to confirm them'. Rubbish! Jay Z's own material is loaded with Masonic references. Some may say 'ah, he's doing it for controversy', which I might buy into. But to suggest there is no evidence linking Jay Z to the occult is to deny Jay Z's own words,
"Illuminati want my mind, soul and my body...secret society tryin' to keep their eye on me" (lyrics from his song D'Evils).
The following text taken from
I first heard the rumor of Jay-Z aligning himself with Masons / the occult / the illuminati / devil worshippers in 2007, and like most people I dismissed it as nonsense. Three years later in 2010.... I still dismiss it as nonsense but the legend of Jay-Z being a mason has grown exponentially over the years and it's only getting stronger.
Websites and blogs across the net are popping up and feeding the speculation, and each time Jay-Z comes out with a new music video there are eager conspiracy theorists analyzing the clip looking for signs. Jay's latest video for "On To The Next One" caused a bit of a stir due to select imagery, and the the director has spoken to Vibe Magazine in hopes of clearing up confusion.
Vibe: There's been a lot of talk about Jay's video containing Freemason imagery such as the horned animal head, an eagle and skull. What are your thoughts about such talk and why do you think music fans are so quick to believe a conspiracy narrative?
Sam Brown: I'm aware of the stir the video has caused and what people are saying. I think when you're dealing in abstract imagery people are going to want to draw lines between things and make sense of it. However, I've always felt that the viewing public was, in general, extremely visually literate. They don't always want or need things to be spelt out for them. One of the great things about music videos are they can be enjoyed purely visually-it doesn't need to mean anything or make any sense. Conspiracy theory is another thing entirely, and seems to me to be about projecting pre-existing beliefs and desperately looking for things that confirm them. There is imagery in this video that is drawn from all over the place. None of it is owned by any one culture or belief system. You can connect anything if you try hard enough, and make it mean anything you want it to.
So what was the overall direction Jay was looking for?
He gave me a very loose brief, and made it clear that we should be progressive with the video. All the imagery was thought up by me and was a response to the track itself. For those interested, the idea is actually about a funeral for old imagery and ideas, hence all the gothic and oppressive stuff. I was also trying to contradict the excess of hip-hop videos by making something brutally simple and claustrophobic.
Vigilant Citizen articles on Jay Z
"I hate when medias deform and compress my words into gross statements such as "Jay-Z Worships the Devil".Its about the forces behind artists"
"My opinion....I dont really think Jay-Z is part of Illuminati...I think he is USED and helped by Illuminati. Im happy its discussed tho"
"It's not a witchhunt,its about the bigger picture of [the] biz"
- all quotes from Vigilant Citizen (twitter)
Prodigy says Jay Z sides with the 'Evil Illuminati'
Jay Z says 'Do What Thou Wilt'; the Ordo Templi Orientis say 'Do What Thou Wilt'. Like the Masons say, 'as above, so below'...
-Question Your Reality-
It's not just about one music artist or even the whole corporate music industry. It poses much broader questions about society, the way people live, how people are manipulated on a mass scale...
- Passing the Buck
- Lt Col Anthony Shaffer: US Prior Knowledge of 9/11...
- David Icke: The UK Surveillance Society
- Bush on Haiti Aid: "Just Send Your Cash [to me]"
- Haiti and the Shock Doctrine
- The Second Wave of Mortgage Defaults?
- When Is Your Gold Not Really Gold?
- They Shoot Starving Haitians, Don't They?
- The man's got big jewish balls
- Keynes vs Hayek - Economic Rap?!?
- I'm Still Waiting For That 'Peak Oil' Everyone Tal...
- The Missing Haitian Children Say...
- "Jay Z is not a Mason", says Jay Z's video directo...
- AGW "Scam, scam, scam" + NZ climate data fraud
- Satanic Establishment?
- What War Crimes?
- Drinking With Marx?!?
- Ron Paul: We Need To Take Out The CIA.
- Glenn Beck, remove that knife from the peoples' ba...
- Haiti: Tragedy and Opportunity
- Scriptural Blindfolds
- Hate Us For Our Freedom
- The Death of the Petro Dollar?
- UK Gunsmiths = Terrorists?
- Your Wealth Is Power
- The Pre-9/11 Mindset
- Irony Overload
- Socialist History Lessons (children are the future...
- Haha - F*** you, Bush Senior
- "Big freeze fits theories of global warming" - BBC...
- Louis Theroux: Survivalists (1997)
- Illegal Wars End Only When Soldiers Mutiny
- Homeschooling Under Assault
- My Review Of "The Secret Freedom Fighter"
- This is the best Afghanistan article, like, ever
- Jordan Maxwell on religion and control
- What I'm reading: "The Secret Freedom Fighter"
- BBC Admits Al-Qaeda Never Existed
- Muslims' Planned March Sparks Outrage
- Launch Yankee Two Kilo One Zero
- ▼ Jan 2010 (40)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)