Tuesday, 19 January 2010
The Death of the Petro Dollar?
Press TV - OPEC considers using Euro in oil transactions
Iran's representative to OPEC says the group weighs replacing the dollar by the euro in crude oil pricing, adding that no decision has been made.
"Members of OPEC are free (to use any currency) in their oil transactions," said Mohammad Ali Khatibi on Sunday.
He added that Iran receives 90 percent of its oil revenues in currencies other than the US dollar.
Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ordered in September 2009 the replacement of the US dollar by the euro in the country's foreign exchange accounts.
Earlier, the Islamic Republic of Iran had announced that the euro would replace the greenback in the country's oil transactions.
Also, Iran's Trade Promotion Organization announced in 2009 that it would completely exclude the US dollar from the country's foreign revenues and reserves.
Iran has recently asked Japan to replace the US dollar with the yen in oil deals it has with the Islamic Republic.
The constantly declining value of the dollar and persisting economic crisis in the US has encouraged many countries to drop the currency in favor of a more stable one.
Saudi Arabia, South Korea, China, Venezuela, Sudan and Russia have taken steps to replace the US dollar in their foreign exchange reserves.
Earlier in November, the head of Iran's Bank Melli (BMI) said Iran's Central Bank and BMI have entered into negotiations with some countries and international banks regarding the use of the Iranian rial, the official currency of Iran, in international transactions and operations.
Just the language used in that piece should be taken note of. The caption reads, Iran has called on other OPEC members to ditch the sinking dollar in favor of the more credible euro. The dollar is losing its credibility.
The question is, How much longer? The dollar is brain dead on life support and the doctor is reaching across to the plug. If it comes to pass that the dollar does die (and surely it has to be 'when' not 'if', but that event will be delayed as long as possible by Bernanke and the other criminals who got us here), then we could see a real financial crisis, as government attempts to 'cure' the debt problem with more debt finally fail.
- Passing the Buck
- Lt Col Anthony Shaffer: US Prior Knowledge of 9/11...
- David Icke: The UK Surveillance Society
- Bush on Haiti Aid: "Just Send Your Cash [to me]"
- Haiti and the Shock Doctrine
- The Second Wave of Mortgage Defaults?
- When Is Your Gold Not Really Gold?
- They Shoot Starving Haitians, Don't They?
- The man's got big jewish balls
- Keynes vs Hayek - Economic Rap?!?
- I'm Still Waiting For That 'Peak Oil' Everyone Tal...
- The Missing Haitian Children Say...
- "Jay Z is not a Mason", says Jay Z's video directo...
- AGW "Scam, scam, scam" + NZ climate data fraud
- Satanic Establishment?
- What War Crimes?
- Drinking With Marx?!?
- Ron Paul: We Need To Take Out The CIA.
- Glenn Beck, remove that knife from the peoples' ba...
- Haiti: Tragedy and Opportunity
- Scriptural Blindfolds
- Hate Us For Our Freedom
- The Death of the Petro Dollar?
- UK Gunsmiths = Terrorists?
- Your Wealth Is Power
- The Pre-9/11 Mindset
- Irony Overload
- Socialist History Lessons (children are the future...
- Haha - F*** you, Bush Senior
- "Big freeze fits theories of global warming" - BBC...
- Louis Theroux: Survivalists (1997)
- Illegal Wars End Only When Soldiers Mutiny
- Homeschooling Under Assault
- My Review Of "The Secret Freedom Fighter"
- This is the best Afghanistan article, like, ever
- Jordan Maxwell on religion and control
- What I'm reading: "The Secret Freedom Fighter"
- BBC Admits Al-Qaeda Never Existed
- Muslims' Planned March Sparks Outrage
- Launch Yankee Two Kilo One Zero
- ▼ Jan 2010 (40)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)