Saturday, 16 January 2010
Your Wealth Is Power
The below article is from a leftist perspective, but ignore that - the information is useful to all.
Alternet - 10 Ways To Screw Over The Corporate Jackals Who've Been Screwing You
1. Mortgage underwater? Just walk away from it.
2. Unplug your cable. (heck, I would have said kill your TV altogether)
3. Kill your landline.
4. Reacquire your wealth. (empty your bank accounts)
5. Pacify your portfolio. (the house always wins)
6. Take credit. (kill your credit cards)
7. Avoid CDs and DVDs. (online downloads are cheaper I suppose)
8. "Stop buying bottled water, factory-farmed beef and new cars, especially hybrids." (I would at least add 'all cheap plastic crap from China'.)
9. Do not watch whiny bitches. (i.e. TV news)
10. Start or join a third party. (debatable but it's up to the individual, I guess)
As the article says,
"In capitalism, you are what you pay for, not what you say about what you pay for. No matter how nice it may be."
I would replace the oh-so left wing phrase 'in capitalism', with 'in the real world'. Because ultimately, blaming economic freedom for things going wrong is like blaming freedom of speech if people start supporting a tyrant. It's not freedom that is to blame, but what we have done with that freedom. Why are a handful of people getting very rich and controlling? Because we not only let them, but enabled them to do so. Our consent and, in fact, explicit support for the corporate tyranny can be withdrawn at any time, with immediate effects.
Consider it this way: if you cease doing business with a corporation, what are they going to do? Mostly nothing. (OK so there are a few exceptions to that, but most of those are in controlled monopoly industries like the banking sector.) How about if you stop paying taxes, which fund state sanctioned murder and all sorts of misdeeds? Government will come and kick your door down, seize you, likely imprison or fine you and brand you a criminal. Both big business and government are undoubtedly evil, but the real source of evil is almost purely government - it provides the support (corrupt laws, the force of arms if necessary) that holds together corporate monopolies and dominance.
That is why economic freedom is so important, as it is actually in the absence of a peaceful/lawful free market when people really start to take advantage of one another; sometimes to get rich - more often than not just to survive.
I am convinced the power you wield in your wallet is far greater than that of any X you will mark on any ballot paper in your life. Whether you believe voting will change things or not.
- Passing the Buck
- Lt Col Anthony Shaffer: US Prior Knowledge of 9/11...
- David Icke: The UK Surveillance Society
- Bush on Haiti Aid: "Just Send Your Cash [to me]"
- Haiti and the Shock Doctrine
- The Second Wave of Mortgage Defaults?
- When Is Your Gold Not Really Gold?
- They Shoot Starving Haitians, Don't They?
- The man's got big jewish balls
- Keynes vs Hayek - Economic Rap?!?
- I'm Still Waiting For That 'Peak Oil' Everyone Tal...
- The Missing Haitian Children Say...
- "Jay Z is not a Mason", says Jay Z's video directo...
- AGW "Scam, scam, scam" + NZ climate data fraud
- Satanic Establishment?
- What War Crimes?
- Drinking With Marx?!?
- Ron Paul: We Need To Take Out The CIA.
- Glenn Beck, remove that knife from the peoples' ba...
- Haiti: Tragedy and Opportunity
- Scriptural Blindfolds
- Hate Us For Our Freedom
- The Death of the Petro Dollar?
- UK Gunsmiths = Terrorists?
- Your Wealth Is Power
- The Pre-9/11 Mindset
- Irony Overload
- Socialist History Lessons (children are the future...
- Haha - F*** you, Bush Senior
- "Big freeze fits theories of global warming" - BBC...
- Louis Theroux: Survivalists (1997)
- Illegal Wars End Only When Soldiers Mutiny
- Homeschooling Under Assault
- My Review Of "The Secret Freedom Fighter"
- This is the best Afghanistan article, like, ever
- Jordan Maxwell on religion and control
- What I'm reading: "The Secret Freedom Fighter"
- BBC Admits Al-Qaeda Never Existed
- Muslims' Planned March Sparks Outrage
- Launch Yankee Two Kilo One Zero
- ▼ Jan 2010 (40)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)