Thursday, 18 February 2010
Global Warming will cause...er...something
San Francisco Chronicle - Get ready for foggier summers (6 July 2009)
The Bay Area just had its foggiest May in 50 years. And thanks to global warming, it's about to get even foggier.
That's the conclusion of several state researchers, whose soon-to-be-published study predicts that even with average temperatures on the rise, the mercury won't be soaring everywhere.
"There'll be winners and losers," says Robert Bornstein, a meteorology professor at San Jose State University. "Global warming is warming the interior part of California, but it leads to a reverse reaction of more fog along the coast."
The study, which will appear in the journal Climate, is the latest to argue that colder summers are indeed in store for parts of the Bay Area.
Telegraph - Fog over San Francisco thins by a third due to climate change (15 Feb 2010)
The sight of Golden Gate Bridge towering above the fog will become increasing rare as climate change warms San Francisco bay, scientists have found.
The coastal fog along the Californian coast has declined by a third over the past 100 years – the equivalent of three hours cover a day, new research shows.
And it is not just bad for scenery, the reduction in the cooling effect of the fog could damage the health of the huge Redwood Forests nearby.
"Since 1901, the average number of hours of fog along the coast in summer has dropped from 56 per cent to 42 per cent, which is a loss of about three hours per day," said the study leader Dr James Johnstone at the University of California.
He said that it was unclear whether this is part of a natural cycle of the result of human activity, but the fog is receding because of a reduction in the difference between the temperature of the sea and the land.
"A cool coast and warm interior is one of the defining characteristics of California's coastal climate, but the temperature difference between the coast and interior has declined substantially in the last century, in step with the decline in summer fog," he added.
His findings, published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, came from weather records kept at airports along the coast.
Professor Todd Dawson, co-author, said the decline could be disastrous for the nearby ecosystems.
"Fog prevents water loss from Redwoods in summer, and is really important for both the tree and the forest," he said. "If the fog is gone, we might not have the Redwood forests we do now."
- "Karl Rove, You Are A Bad Man Sir"
- What Was COP15 Really Like?
- Heresy! - Christian Gnostics
- David Icke and Alex Jones, Over Time
- The Untold History of Jewish Opposition to Zionism...
- Chemtrails: A Mystery
- Dr. Evil Wasn't Counting on Fiat Monetary Inflatio...
- Lamebook - Rebellion of the Stupid
- Another Interesting 'Fnord'
- David Icke, the Lizards and the Jews
- Cheers, Globalist Gordon
- How to Eradicate a Disease - Change Its Name
- Nigel Farage: Who is Herman van Rompuy?
- British Soldiers: 17000 AWOL cases since 2003
- So Ridiculous I Had To Post It
- Toyota vs Big Pharma
- Who Got The Tea Parties Started?
- More Doctors Prefer the AK-Vaccine-47 Rifle by Mer...
- One Thousand Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Tru...
- An excercise in doublethink: Global Weirding
- Ron Paul vs Fascist Ex-Bushies
- Megadeth: 44 Minutes (North Hollywood Shootout)
- Epic Beard Man: a folk hero
- Daily Mail: Mass Immigration is a Multiculturalist...
- Global Warming will cause...er...something
- How Did These Terrorists Get British Passports?
- "Pro Defence Libertarian"
- Iran Sanctions, just like Iraq, right?
- Why We Should Witch Hunt 9/11 Truthers
- The UK's So-Called Climategate "Inquiry"
- Local BNP Activism
- No, it's the Conspiracy Theorists who peddle the p...
- David Icke on Bohemian Grove
- BBC Poll: Climate Scepticism Rising
- Mark Dice on the Roots of the Illuminati
- "Israel Please, No More Bin Laden Tapes, Nobody Is...
- How dare you expose my corruption on TV! - Tim Yeo...
- What did Marx really mean by Peace? What do we all...
- Propaganda: Mixing of the Good and the Bad
- Michael Mann as innocent as OJ
- Obama can save Presidency...by Bombing Iran!
- Lord Monckton debates Climate Change on Aussie rad...
- The BBC's Huge Financial Stake In Climate Change A...
- ▼ Feb 2010 (43)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)