Friday, 5 February 2010
What did Marx really mean by Peace? What do we all mean?
This is often invoked by pro-war people to imply that peace constitutes a surrender to socialism. (odd, since I don't think there's anything more socialist than the military...state run, funded by theft, tells its minions they have no rights, tells them to just follow orders and become part of the 'hive mind'...)
I see the quote as being a fallacy not unlike the same claims of neocon fascists:
peace is the absence of opposition to Merika.
peace is the final victory of Judeo-Christian Oceania over those Islamic Eurasian vermin.
(when will that be, dear leader?)
well, it's going to take a long time of your continued unquestioning support for me...
Marx says socialism will herald peace, and that nothing else will.
Quite to the contrary, what happened when socialism came to Russia? Mass butchery. Germany? Uber butchery. (and don't even try that 'Nazis weren't socialists' rubbish, yes they were.) Nazis and Soviets engaged in a border dispute that resulted in the biggest mass battlefield butchery the world has ever witnessed. Even Che was a meat cleaving son of a, but he is cool so his crimes are forgotten and people buy his capitalist T-shirts.
No, Marx's peace was the tyrant's peace. Not what you or I would understand the term 'peace' surely to mean. He meant the peace a police officer gets when a suspect is handcuffed on the floor with a knee in their back. Not peace per se, rather a lack of resistance to 'authority'. Peace without freedom is no peace worth having.
But is that not what most people mean by 'peace'? Are we not all guilty of the same logical fallacy, just on smaller scales than Karl was? Perhaps by saying that we want a government that steals from us in order to safeguard our rights (how Orwellian), we are all making the same error. Many authoritarians, typically right-wingers, would say that order (they hate that damn hippy word 'peace', so probably would replace it with 'order') can only be upheld by a mighty force ready to stomp on anyone at any time. That in order to make peace, a climate of fear must be created...but does that not undo any prospect of real peace in the first place?
For all their supposed opposition to one another, the authoritarian police state lovin' right-wingers and Marx have a lot in common. Collectivists, what you gonna do.
Hate the anarchists if you want, but hate is all you can do, not debate - their logic is sound and the logic defending the state is not. IMHO
- "Karl Rove, You Are A Bad Man Sir"
- What Was COP15 Really Like?
- Heresy! - Christian Gnostics
- David Icke and Alex Jones, Over Time
- The Untold History of Jewish Opposition to Zionism...
- Chemtrails: A Mystery
- Dr. Evil Wasn't Counting on Fiat Monetary Inflatio...
- Lamebook - Rebellion of the Stupid
- Another Interesting 'Fnord'
- David Icke, the Lizards and the Jews
- Cheers, Globalist Gordon
- How to Eradicate a Disease - Change Its Name
- Nigel Farage: Who is Herman van Rompuy?
- British Soldiers: 17000 AWOL cases since 2003
- So Ridiculous I Had To Post It
- Toyota vs Big Pharma
- Who Got The Tea Parties Started?
- More Doctors Prefer the AK-Vaccine-47 Rifle by Mer...
- One Thousand Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Tru...
- An excercise in doublethink: Global Weirding
- Ron Paul vs Fascist Ex-Bushies
- Megadeth: 44 Minutes (North Hollywood Shootout)
- Epic Beard Man: a folk hero
- Daily Mail: Mass Immigration is a Multiculturalist...
- Global Warming will cause...er...something
- How Did These Terrorists Get British Passports?
- "Pro Defence Libertarian"
- Iran Sanctions, just like Iraq, right?
- Why We Should Witch Hunt 9/11 Truthers
- The UK's So-Called Climategate "Inquiry"
- Local BNP Activism
- No, it's the Conspiracy Theorists who peddle the p...
- David Icke on Bohemian Grove
- BBC Poll: Climate Scepticism Rising
- Mark Dice on the Roots of the Illuminati
- "Israel Please, No More Bin Laden Tapes, Nobody Is...
- How dare you expose my corruption on TV! - Tim Yeo...
- What did Marx really mean by Peace? What do we all...
- Propaganda: Mixing of the Good and the Bad
- Michael Mann as innocent as OJ
- Obama can save Presidency...by Bombing Iran!
- Lord Monckton debates Climate Change on Aussie rad...
- The BBC's Huge Financial Stake In Climate Change A...
- ▼ Feb 2010 (43)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)