Tuesday, 9 June 2009
The Scanner Says You're Guilty, Sir...
BBC - Mobile scanner could detect guns
...What's that? Are you resisting the will of the LAW? Taser! Taser! Taser!
British scientists have developed a portable microwave scanner to help police identify individuals carrying concealed guns and knives.
It is small enough to be used covertly, at some distance from the subject. The device is based around microwave radar technology and is designed to pick up the "reflections" of weapons concealed beneath clothing. Some officials believe technology like this could help increase the effectiveness of stop-and-search.
The existing prototype is suitable for the detection of guns, but researchers say subsequent versions of the technology will be able to identify concealed knives as well. The new device employs low-power microwaves to identify weapons, using similar wavelengths as the body scanners currently in use at a number of airports.
However, Professor Nick Bowring from Manchester Metropolitan University, who led the development of the new device, said it worked on a different principle. Unlike airport scanners, the portable machine does not produce an image of the subject, it only analyses signals.
"It is designed to work out on the streets and is not (restricted) to a closed, controlled environment," Professor Bowring told BBC News.
A human operator will transport the device, using it to direct microwave emission at a person of interest. Return signals - microwaves reflected back towards the device - are picked up, sensed and analysed.
"[The scanner] does a lot of computing and processing of the signals it acquires. It puts them all together, analyses them over a short period and makes a decision," said Professor Bowring.
"It works on the principle that the radar returns from people, when they are carrying a gun or a knife, look different. And we pick up on those small differences."
For the purposes of writing this I will presume these things actually WORK. It seems likely to me that the scanners would read padlocks, keys, coins, anything metal as being weapons. If I'm mistaken about that then so be it. But I digress.
Firstly, this is a perfect example of incrementalism in which the airport and airline security fears have been exploited to get people accustomed to being searched without reason. But don't worry, "if you're not doing anything wrong you've got nothing to hide". Right?
Second, as I illustrated above, it's obvious that these kinds of technology further erode what illusion of rights we still have in the face of Law Almighty; guilty until proven innocent and such.
And if you don't like it, what you gonna do, boy, we own you.
- ► 2010 (647)
- Communism and Socialism DO Work
- Reform and Change, alone, are not Virtues
- Israel: Your Ally?
- Obama's Health Reform >>> Nazi Euthanasia?
- Climate Change: Seasonal Fearmongering
- Pre-Patriot Act Onion News Satire
- I believe this is what they call "Civil Unrest"
- Maafa 21: Black Genocide in the 21st Century
- All-Seeing Eyes: A Tyranny of State Surveillance
- Iran: all is not as it seems
- MSM 'Shills' and the US Freedom Movement
- The Statist Mentality: Inside the Mind of a Sheep
- Yum...Ritalin...Good for the brain...
- The Ron Paul approach to healthcare
- Aerosols [read: Chemtrails] are Good, says BBC
- Did you know PETA Kills Animals?
- Central Bank Clusterf@ck: the PowerGrab
- Why Ahmadinejad Will Keep Power
- Locking and Loading
- Police Discipline Detective...for Blogging
- Catch David Icke on the Alex Jones show today
- Canadian Jewish Congress organised Nazi Party
- Does this story reassure you?
- Alex Jones and Geraldo Rivera, then and now
- Like Neocons? You'll love this
- 20 things the Illuminati can teach you?
- On Rev. Jones's Command, drink your medicine
- YouTube censorship for Alex Jones, again?
- Men in black ski masks, TV, My Pop Culture fix
- The Scanner Says You're Guilty, Sir...
- Euro Elections: Reaction ("I hate the EU" Edition)...
- Federal Reserve stuff
- WHO backs anti-diarrhoea Vaccine
- Would you sell gold for cash NOW?!?
- Baby girl forcibly Vaccinated, now Autistic
- What are we doing to our children?
- Israeli Settlers, History Written by the NWO Victo...
- European Elections May 2009
- Edible Vaccines and Flying Syringes
- Left and Right drawn together by Fed
- ▼ Jun 2009 (41)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)