Sunday, 20 December 2009
Huh! Downloading In The Name Of...
The purpose of this post is basically a big middle finger to the X Factor corporate machine that constitutes a large part of the agenda to dumb down society through media, especially music.
Well, the Internet protest vote was successful, and this year Granny will be waking up to Rage Against the Machine's Killing In The Name on Christmas morning. How about that! It gives me much joy. Tom Morello of RATM described it as follows: "THE ANARCHY CHRISTMAS MIRACLE OF 2009!!!! THANKYOU. The people united can never be defeated."
What a story...a popular movement amongst Brits on the web, rose up to smash the monopoly held by Simon Cowell over our charts. Okay so it's not a revolt against the BoE corporate debt slaving monopoly over the monetary system, but it's a start.
I always get mad whenever hearing that rubbish spewed forth by reality TV here-now-gone-tomorrow clowns, and wonder why on earth do some people want to pay to put up with this crap? Apparently I am not the only one with this sentiment. Some may say that it's a ploy since RATM are also signed to a corporate record label, and to a degree I understand this, but it's the message of the music, not who made it, that matters.
When would you EVER hear a Simon Cowell groomed domesticated singing puppet inform their audience:
"F*** you, I won't do what you tell me!"
NEVER. That's the point. And we need a little more of this kind of spirit, even if we have to rely on anti-establishment music...by the way, art of all kinds has a huge influence on people in ways words often do not.
I found this whole saga entertaining, but it also illustrates the power of the Internet. In the words of RATM, the web "gave the power to the have-nots...and then came the shot". Now of course they were talking about MLK (in their song Wake Up). But anything that empowers people gets shot down. Hence the attempts by governments around the world to shut down freedom of expression on the Internet. What can we do about this?
Why, we can let the censors know:
F*** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!!
- ► 2010 (647)
- How do people get into Hitler/Stalin apologism?
- Ben Stein calls Ron Paul 'Anti-Semitic'
- Beyond the Pale: the Rh Neg blood type mystery
- Israel steals parts of Mary's Gate - Christians si...
- Can we have Airport Security without tyranny?
- Chemtrails, aerial spraying, weather weapons
- Merry Christmas, Neo-Cons
- Anyone want a Demonic Nightmare After Christmas?
- Christmas, with Snow too!
- The Debt Star
- Could the new world currency be...gold?
- A couple of Censored News Stories about Arabs
- Huh! Downloading In The Name Of...
- Snow in Britain ("Weather is not climate")
- Israel wants to boycott British goods?
- Supressed Technology and the New Age
- Nigel Farage on the Alex Jones show
- All Copenhagen's a Stage
- I think human beings and fish can coexist peaceful...
- Noam Chomsky, you damn pussy
- Cults, Ritual Satanism, "Svali" the survivor speak...
- It's A Climategate Christmas + BBC has 'denier' vi...
- If you can read this, thank a teacher...
- "Truth in Advertising"
- It's the agenda, the big picture, the 'conspiracy'...
- To all those about to elect Cameron
- Zero vision in the BBC's climate 'debate'
- 50 Internets says you haven't heard of this war
- 100 Dead British Soldiers in 2009 in Afghanistan
- 150 Characters to Tell COP15 the Truth
- Copenhagen: Board the Gravy Train of Death
- Imagine There's No Global Warming
- Is There Life After Oil? Uh...YES!
- Poorly Placed Ad Of The Day: Greenpeace
- More stuff about Global Warming and Climategate
- Tomorrow this will be more than just a reality TV ...
- An un-PC look at the UN
- The New 'Green' Tactic. Guess what it is?
- I'm So Scared Of Al-Qaeda, I Submit To Dictatorshi...
- ▼ Dec 2009 (40)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)