Sunday, 20 December 2009
Snow in Britain ("Weather is not climate")
It should be noted, of course, that I am living in a relatively low-lying area, and generally on the hills locally there is notably more snow than where I am. But I digress.
I thought I'd conduct a little unscientific measurement of the depth of aforementioned flaked stuff just because it seemed unusually deep, and it had been snowing intermittently for two days (I took these photos about 24hrs ago, from when I am writing this)
The depth of snowfall illustrated by the fresh car tracks...kind of reminds me of overhead shots of spaghetti junction. BTW the yellow colour is from the street lighting, for all the other photos my camera provides the light.
My ruler, yes a regular 12 inch/30cm ruler, but special 'cause it is Roman-themed with emperors on the back! What an outrageous gimmick :D
Stuck in the snow on my drive...the only disturbance in the snow is where I have walked, no cheating by making a big pile o' snow...the depth is about 8.5 cms, or 3.4 inches:
Thought I'd take a second measurement from my garden, lo and behold it reads an even deeper 10cms or 4 inches:
And look, poor Titus is shivering! It never used to be like this back in the good old days when the Romans ruled Briton, and the climate was so warm they grew vineyards here, eh? ;)
The "Weather Is Not Climate" hypocrisy
I thought this was the opportune time to comment on how pro-manmade global warming theory people often put forward the talking point 'weather is not climate' in the face of recent cooling trends in the last few years. Now of course, it is correct that individual weather events are insignificant in the much larger timescales that constitute climate. But it is one of the great hypocrisies of the pro-AGW argument!
They also say that heatwaves, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, droughts, and other 'extreme weather events' are becoming, or will become, worse and more common due to manmade climate change. Whenever there is a heatwave or a flood, the AGW propaganda comes out in full force. Yet at the same time they dismiss snowfall and unusually cold temperatures as insignificant, the double standards being there for all to see.
Edit: I guess that is why, since 'global warming' has largely been discarded, and 'climate change' is growing old, the new term is 'climate instability'. The new propaganda is that any unusual weather or climate event is manmade, caused by co2. Ludicrous. You can only keep the zombies on board for so long until they awaken, I guess...
- ► 2010 (647)
- How do people get into Hitler/Stalin apologism?
- Ben Stein calls Ron Paul 'Anti-Semitic'
- Beyond the Pale: the Rh Neg blood type mystery
- Israel steals parts of Mary's Gate - Christians si...
- Can we have Airport Security without tyranny?
- Chemtrails, aerial spraying, weather weapons
- Merry Christmas, Neo-Cons
- Anyone want a Demonic Nightmare After Christmas?
- Christmas, with Snow too!
- The Debt Star
- Could the new world currency be...gold?
- A couple of Censored News Stories about Arabs
- Huh! Downloading In The Name Of...
- Snow in Britain ("Weather is not climate")
- Israel wants to boycott British goods?
- Supressed Technology and the New Age
- Nigel Farage on the Alex Jones show
- All Copenhagen's a Stage
- I think human beings and fish can coexist peaceful...
- Noam Chomsky, you damn pussy
- Cults, Ritual Satanism, "Svali" the survivor speak...
- It's A Climategate Christmas + BBC has 'denier' vi...
- If you can read this, thank a teacher...
- "Truth in Advertising"
- It's the agenda, the big picture, the 'conspiracy'...
- To all those about to elect Cameron
- Zero vision in the BBC's climate 'debate'
- 50 Internets says you haven't heard of this war
- 100 Dead British Soldiers in 2009 in Afghanistan
- 150 Characters to Tell COP15 the Truth
- Copenhagen: Board the Gravy Train of Death
- Imagine There's No Global Warming
- Is There Life After Oil? Uh...YES!
- Poorly Placed Ad Of The Day: Greenpeace
- More stuff about Global Warming and Climategate
- Tomorrow this will be more than just a reality TV ...
- An un-PC look at the UN
- The New 'Green' Tactic. Guess what it is?
- I'm So Scared Of Al-Qaeda, I Submit To Dictatorshi...
- ▼ Dec 2009 (40)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)