Sunday, 12 December 2010
The Unfortunate Son of Bernie Madoff...Suicide or 'Suicided'
Bernard Madoff's son Mark found hanged
Mark Madoff, the eldest son of disgraced financier Bernard Madoff, has been found hanged in his downtown Manhattan apartment on the second anniversary of the day his father turned himself in to authorities.
His death, which was reported to the police by his father-in-law at 7.30am today, came days after he was named in a new lawsuit by the liquidators of his father's empire.
"He was found hanged in his apartment. It was an apparent suicide," police spokesman Paul Browne said. But authorities said he left no suicide note.
Mark Madoff and his brother, Andrew, were under investigation but had not faced any criminal charges in the $50bn (£31bn) Ponzi scheme that led to their father being jailed.
His death also came on the cut-off date for trustees looking to clawback losses from the fraud to file final lawsuits.
On Wednesday, Irving Picard, the court-appointed trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L Madoff Investment Securities, the fraudster's main US firm, named all the directors of the London subsidiary in a new lawsuit.
The high court complaint – which named Mark and his brother Andrew, their uncle Peter, as well as Sonja Kohn, who has been charged separately for other Madoff-related fraud – will attempt to recoup $80m (£50.5bn).
The move to open Bernard Madoff's London operations to scrutiny once again followed the decision by the Serious Fraud Office in February not to take any action against Madoff Securities International (MSIL) or its directors due to "insufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction".
On 11 December 2008, Bernard Madoff summoned his sons to his home to tell them his investment business was "one big lie".
Mark and Andrew both worked on a trading desk at the firm, on a side of the business that was not directly involved in the Ponzi scheme.
"Mark remains unalterably bitter about his father's deception and the injury his father has caused," a spokeswoman for the two men told the Wall Street Journal last week. "Andy was also deeply impacted by his father's deception."
Neither had talked with his father or mother in two years. That decision, she said, was made out of choice and also because of legal threats still hanging over the men.
A year ago Picard sued several members of the family, including the brothers, accusing them of failing to detect the fraud while living lavish lifestyles financed with the family's ill-gotten fortune.
The lawsuit accused Mark Madoff of using $66m (£41.7m) he received improperly to buy luxury homes in New York, Massachusetts and Connecticut.
According to the Wall Street Journal, Mark and his wife Stephanie bought a $6.5m home in Nantucket, Massachusetts in 2008. It is currently for sale.
After the initial furore of the scandal died down, Mark tried unsuccessfully to get a job in trading before starting a company making applications for iPads.
But the taint of the scandal could not easily be brushed off. His wife found the glare of publicity and the notoriety attached to her partner's name so uncomfortable she changed her name from Madoff to Morgan.
Mark recently had been using an email address that does not include his first or last name, a friend noted.
In March last year, Bernard Madoff pleaded guilty to 11 counts of fraud and was subsequently sentenced to the maximum of 150 years behind bars for fleecing hundreds of investors out of tens of billions of dollars. The scam is widely referred to as the largest Ponzi scheme in history.
Just before he was sentenced, he said: "I am responsible for a great deal of suffering and pain. I understand that. I live in a tormented state now, knowing of all the pain and suffering that I have created."
The only reason Madoff is in prison and a hundred other fraudsters are not, is because he scammed other AAA and not just the goyim. You can't scam a GOD. Talmudic rules.
Interestingly Madoff's London operations were/are not being investigated, apparently because there is 'insufficient evidence'. Or is that where the money went. Hmm.
I wonder if the fresh corpse had something to say? A little something on Daddy's London operations? Knew too much? Well you can only wonder now. The dead don't talk, which is why people who know things, ahem, 'feel inclined to commit suicide' so often. They just have to shut themselves up.
- UK Serfs Work 149 Days Per Year Just For The Gover...
- Hungary: Rothschild/Soros Frontman Introduces Pres...
- Homegrown Revolution - inspiring video
- EDL Compensation Fraud - 78 Claim Damages After 57...
- RAF Veteran Gets Enriched - Shouldn't Have Been We...
- ADL To Attack Journalists and Publications Tying I...
- Assange part of an Aussie Kosher-Nazi cult?
- Nickelodeon’s Illuminati-Themed Show “House of Anu...
- Most patients are Conspiracy Theorists - believe t...
- More Evidence Gender is Biological
- The Plain Truth of the Federal Reserve...on Fox Bu...
- Debt Free Money and Full Reserve Banking in the UK...
- Christmas Blessing
- Christmas En-Corr
- Christmas Pax
- Links 22/Dec/10 - The Scrooges Who Rule
- Links 21/Dec/10
- White Al-Qaeda?
- "Hero's Helmet Saves Girl's Life"
- START Treaty is Really the United Nations Global M...
- Jim Corr on RT: "Top down economic collapse, Robin...
- Links 16/Dec/10
- Unfortunately, He's Right
- Wiki Leak Leek Spin is Milintel Spin?
- The Criminal, Cowardly, Crown Loyalist BBC - Defen...
- Links 14/Dec/10
- Richard Holbrooke's Last Words, Repentant
- Rosalind Peterson: the Chemtrail Cover-up
- The Unfortunate Son of Bernie Madoff...Suicide or ...
- The Death of Free Will
- I think I see something suspicious...and tyrannica...
- S. Africa Becoming A "Failed State"
- Iceland Under Attack? HAARP Activity Corresponds t...
- Keiser Report #101
- SAS Hit Squads At UK's Malls
- Some stuff I almost missed (but now didn't)
- This has been a message from the Centre for Commun...
- JFK Secret Society Speech (full)
- US Judge Rules GM Sugar Beet Be Destroyed
- Google censors Prisonplanet, presumably to gauge r...
- It Just Keeps Snowing
- The Madness of a Lost Society
- EU: RIP? - says Pat Buchanan
- Pilot of UKIP leader Nigel Farage crash plane is c...
- ▼ Dec 2010 (46)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)