Monday, 19 April 2010
Are you Normal? What is Normal?
We were shown a slideshow of different characters and people, both real and fictional, and we had to decide whether we would class them as normal or abnormal. There were characters like Shrek, King Kong, etc, as well as an amputee soldier, I think an albino person, and various other 'unusual' people.
The issue I took was with what exactly the definition of abnormal was. See, many of my peers were reluctant to classify, for example, the amputee soldier as 'abnormal', because it was 'not nice' to do so, but I insisted that all were abnormal because it is, statistically, not what you would expect when meeting a random person. I was viewed as cold or uncaring for taking this viewpoint...but, I reasoned, what is normal anyway? Who is normal? Is that the pinnacle of humanity, the one thing every living soul desires to be, normal?
I realised the popular conception of 'abnormal' was not based on statistics, but on herd mentality. Those deemed 'abnormal' by my classmates were the ones who were to be shunned from the collective. So, the more sinister characters, the shifty ones like the fictional villains, they were abnormal, while everyone else was not to be called 'abnormal' because that is 'mean'.
Yet, I do not shun someone because they are 'abnormal', nor do I accept people on the grounds that they are 'normal'. No-one is normal. Everyone is unique! This is the herd mentality at work. Everyone wants to be normal so that they will be accepted, and they accept other people on the basis of their 'normality' or otherwise. Self-perpetuating conformity.
Something is wrong with this system!
If we are all striving to be 'normal', then we are allowing ourselves to be controlled by whoever defines what is normal and what is abnormal. And that is the education system, the television, the media, the entertainment world, the corporations, the bright lights and flashing colours.
Bringing it back to the original concept of psychoanalysis, yes there are people who are mentally ill, a danger to others and so on. But I do believe, in the vast majority of cases, the trend is to overproject the scale of mental illness, not underestimate it.
The idea that abnormal behaviour is a sign that something is wrong with you is usually false. It is designed to inhibit you from being you, and to make you become someone else's opinion, to mould your wonderful and amazing self into the tiny shell, or cell, that the corporate world has made for you; the glass and metal cage, the mannequin, the magazine cover. You want to be 'normal', but in the process you have forgetten that you are you.
So, if you are declared 'abnormal' by the insane consensus reality that governs this world, be not offended! Better to be you than a slave of the herd, and a clone of your masters' will!
- So You Want To Do Something About The National Deb...
- US Military train to take on the Tea Party?
- Best Convert To Every Religion Just In Case
- What Would Happen if They Declared an Election and...
- Counterthink - Business Is Booming
- They Live - the moment of revelation
- David Icke on Journeys With Rebecca: The Moon Matr...
- The Holy Roman British Empire Never Ended
- Drone Attacks: Very Precise...
- Bob Shepherd Sees The Real Israel
- FKN Newz - F*** Earth Day
- Who's Behind Recent Psychological Attacks In Schoo...
- Bill Maher becomes a "Teabagger"
- Are you testing me, Satan?
- Pay back your bailout money with more bailout mone...
- Icelandic Ash Cloud: No-Problem, Reaction, Solutio...
- Microcosm of the Health/Safety Macrocosm
- Bombshell: Silverstein Wanted to Demolish WTC7 on ...
- The Love Police: Security vs Police
- Khe Sanh, Afghanistan: Americans Withdraw
- Crimes of the State: Waco, Oklahoma City Bombing
- More ADL Nonsense: "Violent Voices" Oppose Obamaca...
- Here's What We're Going To Do
- Huge Marijuana Smoke Cloud Over Denver
- Egyptian Religion: Precursor to Judeo-Christianity...
- Al-Qaeda Chief in Iraq: Captured, Killed, Never Ac...
- The Bosnian Pyramids
- Are you Normal? What is Normal?
- War...Has Changed
- Stephen Colbert Mentions Bilderberg Group on Air
- Digital Economy Act: This Means War
- Crucified Gods in History
- Who were the Israelites of the Bible?
- iPad Tortured To Death!
- Videogames, Metaphysics and Life
- Education System: Left Brain Prisoners
- Israel Arrests Christians and Jesus' Donkey on Pal...
- US Army 'Enhanced Interrogates' Their Own!
- I Fell Into A Burning Lake of Fire
- Atlantis: Real or Imagined?
- Gunshots Heard in Aftermath of Polish Plane Crash
- What I'm Watching: "The Irish Origins of Civilisat...
- Veteran of "Collateral Murder" company speaks out
- Good Intentions
- Alexander McQueen: Reptillians on the Runway
- Croatian Teenager Wakes Up From Coma Speaking Flue...
- All You Need to Know About Naked Body Scanners
- Grr. What's going on with my blog comments?
- David Icke: Who Controls the Web? The Spider
- Snakes On Your Plane
- Richard Dawkins Will Attempt to Arrest the Pope
- When did 'anti-government' become a bad thing?
- Joseph sounds a bit like Jesus to me...
- Big Brother
- Did the Weatherman Just Say...Military Craft Dropp...
- Chemtrails Today (European Parliament Questioned o...
- Support the Troops While Government Exploits Them
- Anarchy...But Who Will Build Roads?
- Some people are just 'awake' anyway?
- Your Eyes Emit Energy?
- Anti-War signs behind ITN reporter
- On the subject of "Sheeple"
- Oh Yippee! Get Election Fever
- Everyone's A Shill
- Quick Links Variety Show 5/Apr/10
- Unexplained Sheep Attacks Caused By UFOs?
- Haha - Chris Kemara caught out live, misses sendin...
- Can Neoconservatives Admit the Real History of Ira...
- The Hollie Greig Case
- Patients Draw Near Death Experiences
- The Battle for Newcastle
- The Town of Allopath - Cartoon
- Easter: Our Babylonian-Judaic Fertility Celebratio...
- Quick Links Variety Show 3/Apr/10
- Everything is OK in Cambridge
- "Anarchists" are often POLICE Provocateurs
- ▼ Apr 2010 (79)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)