Thursday, 15 April 2010
Atlantis: Real or Imagined?
Now, how can that be? Let's run down a list of comparative mythical figures, names and concepts so you can make your own mind up...
- Plato's Atlantis (widely considered legend/fiction, perhaps could be analogous, or who knows could actually be historical...) text here
- Atlas, a Greek mythological figure who is a son of the sea (read between the first line)
- Arcadia, the part-geographical, part-utopian place referred to in ancient Greek culture
- Greek mythology relates the idea of a Golden Age; this could be considered analogous to the Biblical concept of the Garden of Eden, and ideas of a Ante-Diluvean state of existence, from which mankind 'fell', symbolically, to its current state. I would suggest that these stories are anything but the literal Word of God, and that they represent mysteries, but that's just me of course.
- Greek stories of Hesperides, again very interesting consistent symbolism
- Irish legend describes Tír na nÓg in similar themes to the idea of Atlantis, Golden Age etc. An island far to the west, beyond the edges of the map, the Land of Youth, where sickness and death do not exist.
- Welsh mythology speaks of Avalon; since this is more recent (12thC), one may suggest it could have come from Plato's work. Interestingly this word (see link) seems to have derived from one meaning 'apple', which is the fruit (although not actually present in the Bible) said to have been eaten by Eve in the popular concept of the Eden story.
(Up to now, things all seem reasonable and can be explained away as nice stories shared by travellers across Europe. Here's where things get weird. Let's cross the Atlantic and see what others have to say...)
- Atzlan, the "legendary ancestral home of the Nahua peoples" (Aztecs). Wikipedia says that, "In the mid-19th century, fringe theorist Ignatius L. Donnelly, in his book Atlantis: The Antediluvian World, sought to establish a connection between Aztlán and the fabled "lost continent" of Atlantis of Greek mythology; Donnelly's views, however, have never been recognised as credible by mainstream scholarship." (Of course they haven't, the similarities are too obvious, and the implications too great, for most of the letters-after-my-name club.)
- Atlaua is the Aztec water god.
- Atlantida is an ancient city in the Amazon river basin, said to have been built by Phonecian explorers. Now let's stop here - 4000 years ago, explorers from modern day Israel/Lebanon actually sailed to South America, according to conventional history! (and you believe Columbus 'discovered' the Americas)
CLEARLY THIS IS ALL BOLLOCKS.
I ask you not to notice the linguistical similarities and mythological similarities between these totally seperate cultures. I ask you not to question whether or not their similarity might indicate a common source. Clearly what we have been told about our history is 100% accurate. Nobody traversed the Atlantic before Columbus, for example, everyone knows that.
I am not interested to see what Ignatius L. Donnelly has to say about this; I will not be reading Atlantis: The Antediluvean World in due course...
If you want my opinion, I think Atlantis/Eden/"Paradise Lost" may well be partly physical, but also psychological...an imagination of a distant memory. Perhaps referring to a real time here on Earth, or perhaps not. Say, if reincarnation turns out to be real, and I by no means say one way or the other, this could be a faint memory of life between existences here, insane as that may sound. Perhaps it is a memory not of this world. What about if it is a trace leftover of alleged human genetic engineering? We also do genetic engineering...like father, like son, right? Who knows.
Incase you haven't noticed, I am on a quest to prove or disprove the saying that if you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out. ;)
For more info on this topic see here
- So You Want To Do Something About The National Deb...
- US Military train to take on the Tea Party?
- Best Convert To Every Religion Just In Case
- What Would Happen if They Declared an Election and...
- Counterthink - Business Is Booming
- They Live - the moment of revelation
- David Icke on Journeys With Rebecca: The Moon Matr...
- The Holy Roman British Empire Never Ended
- Drone Attacks: Very Precise...
- Bob Shepherd Sees The Real Israel
- FKN Newz - F*** Earth Day
- Who's Behind Recent Psychological Attacks In Schoo...
- Bill Maher becomes a "Teabagger"
- Are you testing me, Satan?
- Pay back your bailout money with more bailout mone...
- Icelandic Ash Cloud: No-Problem, Reaction, Solutio...
- Microcosm of the Health/Safety Macrocosm
- Bombshell: Silverstein Wanted to Demolish WTC7 on ...
- The Love Police: Security vs Police
- Khe Sanh, Afghanistan: Americans Withdraw
- Crimes of the State: Waco, Oklahoma City Bombing
- More ADL Nonsense: "Violent Voices" Oppose Obamaca...
- Here's What We're Going To Do
- Huge Marijuana Smoke Cloud Over Denver
- Egyptian Religion: Precursor to Judeo-Christianity...
- Al-Qaeda Chief in Iraq: Captured, Killed, Never Ac...
- The Bosnian Pyramids
- Are you Normal? What is Normal?
- War...Has Changed
- Stephen Colbert Mentions Bilderberg Group on Air
- Digital Economy Act: This Means War
- Crucified Gods in History
- Who were the Israelites of the Bible?
- iPad Tortured To Death!
- Videogames, Metaphysics and Life
- Education System: Left Brain Prisoners
- Israel Arrests Christians and Jesus' Donkey on Pal...
- US Army 'Enhanced Interrogates' Their Own!
- I Fell Into A Burning Lake of Fire
- Atlantis: Real or Imagined?
- Gunshots Heard in Aftermath of Polish Plane Crash
- What I'm Watching: "The Irish Origins of Civilisat...
- Veteran of "Collateral Murder" company speaks out
- Good Intentions
- Alexander McQueen: Reptillians on the Runway
- Croatian Teenager Wakes Up From Coma Speaking Flue...
- All You Need to Know About Naked Body Scanners
- Grr. What's going on with my blog comments?
- David Icke: Who Controls the Web? The Spider
- Snakes On Your Plane
- Richard Dawkins Will Attempt to Arrest the Pope
- When did 'anti-government' become a bad thing?
- Joseph sounds a bit like Jesus to me...
- Big Brother
- Did the Weatherman Just Say...Military Craft Dropp...
- Chemtrails Today (European Parliament Questioned o...
- Support the Troops While Government Exploits Them
- Anarchy...But Who Will Build Roads?
- Some people are just 'awake' anyway?
- Your Eyes Emit Energy?
- Anti-War signs behind ITN reporter
- On the subject of "Sheeple"
- Oh Yippee! Get Election Fever
- Everyone's A Shill
- Quick Links Variety Show 5/Apr/10
- Unexplained Sheep Attacks Caused By UFOs?
- Haha - Chris Kemara caught out live, misses sendin...
- Can Neoconservatives Admit the Real History of Ira...
- The Hollie Greig Case
- Patients Draw Near Death Experiences
- The Battle for Newcastle
- The Town of Allopath - Cartoon
- Easter: Our Babylonian-Judaic Fertility Celebratio...
- Quick Links Variety Show 3/Apr/10
- Everything is OK in Cambridge
- "Anarchists" are often POLICE Provocateurs
- ▼ Apr 2010 (79)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)