Thursday, 24 February 2011
Does Cameron Know The Difference Between Kuwait And Libya?
David Cameron last night defied mounting criticism over his arms mission to the Middle East – declaring that Britain has ‘nothing to be ashamed of’ for selling weapons to Arab leaders.
The Prime Minister accused his critics of being ‘at odds with reality’ after he was condemned for taking eight arms manufacturers on his tour of the Gulf.
They were invited to join his trip despite concerns that British-made equipment had been used by the Gaddafi regime to suppress unrest in Libya.
But yesterday an angry Mr Cameron said he could not understand why anyone would oppose his attempts to boost British defence sales in such a volatile region.
In a speech to the Kuwaiti parliament, he admitted that past British governments had miscalculated in their policy of propping up brutal dictators in the region.
But his warm words on peace and democracy have been overshadowed by the disclosure that his delegation contains bosses from such arms firms as BAe Systems, Thales UK, Atkins and Qinetiq.
Marking the 20th anniversary of Kuwait’s liberation from Saddam Hussein’s forces, Mr Cameron said: ‘A properly regulated trade in defence is nothing we should be ashamed of.
‘The fact that there are British defence companies on this visit – BAe, Thales and others – is perfectly right in this regard.’
The Foreign Office has already revoked a series of export licences for Libya and Bahrain in the wake of the crackdowns on protesters in those countries. But Mr Cameron said it was right to do business with allies such as Kuwait.
‘The idea that Kuwait should not be able to have its own armed forces able to defend its own country, I find an extraordinary argument to make when we helped liberate the country,’ he said.
‘We have probably the toughest set of export rules probably anywhere in the world. It is obviously difficult to get it right on every occasion.’
An angry Mr Cameron told a journalist: ‘I simply don’t understand how you can’t understand that democracies have a right to defend themselves.
Nice strawman, Call Me Dave.
Does the word 'democracy' remotely apply to Libya?
(edit: see also here, he says the international community may need to take action? Twisted firestarter.)
But really, this is a much older and bigger story isn't it...
- Links 28/Feb/11
- Dear Unremoved Tumour, Please Don't Grow Back. I t...
- Unions and Cuts and Kookie Cutters
- Iraqi Heroes - They're Organised, Too
- Conspiracy Ego Fest
- Links 25/Feb/11
- How To Stop Sleep Paralysis
- Does Cameron Know The Difference Between Kuwait An...
- Fake Silver Bars/Coins in the US, made in China
- Greek Civil Disobedience: "I Won't Pay" Movement
- Teacher Knifed by Islamist Nutjobs, Peace Be Upon ...
- The Philosophy of Liberty: Property
- David Icke and Jeff Rense - The Big Picture
- Who Said Zionists Benefit From Anti Semitism?
- Why Nobody Trusts the Manistream Media
- Charlie, Fake Prince of Wales, Fake Environmentali...
- Nuremburg Excuse
- Dump the Debt
- The Right To Discriminate - Do You See Now, Gays?
- Chinese 'Jasmine' revolution?
- Step Away From The Console
- FKN Newz - Happy Revolution, Baby!
- Ancient Britons Were Cannibals, Too
- Harry Browne - Why You Are A Libertarian
- This is why you need gun rights
- 2000+ Nuclear Explosions 1945-1998: Time Lapse Vid...
- Best Wishes to Katherine Albrecht
- West Builds Islam to Create a New War?
- Opposing International Welfare Is Anti Semitic
- Raw Milk Information
- Saw this and thought of that
- Fox News Caught Using Dirty Tricks Against Ron Pau...
- The Orwellian-Russelian "Court of Protection" ster...
- The Takedown of Hosni Mubarak
- Katherine Albrecht - Biological Gender Differences...
- Christian Persecution - Is Someone Spinning You A ...
- I Have A Conscience. White Nationalism Is Wrong.
- Change The Crown Can Believe In
- Swiss say 'no' to gun control
- Women rightly protest Berlusconi's misogyny
- Pastor Manning asks, What's Wrong With White Folks...
- maybe it's time to
- Uh oh...Major Greek White Nationalist March
- Cashless Centralist Economies Have All Failed
- Aaron Hawkins and MistrBrit - criticism of Zeitgei...
- Separation of Church and State is a Good Thing - H...
- Students say "F*** the Illuminati"
- Tell Me What's Great About Grate Britain
- The Return of Rickets (due to lack of sun exposure...
- Ron Paul's speech at CPAC 2011: The Brushfires of ...
- Nukes Found in San Diego Port?
- falling asleep circa 2009
- Cuts for UK Middle Class. Not for wars, corporatio...
- Do Western Authorities Care More About Hamsters Th...
- falling asleep circa 2006
- Mubarak steps down, hands power to Egypt Military
- How to recognise a Satanist?
- Sick, Misandrist, Anti Human Video
- Ron Paul's Consistency - CSPAN 1990
- falling asleep circa 2008
- Links 10/Feb/11
- Ron Paul - Fed update, Egypt crisis
- Cameron Wastes No Opportunity To Demonise 9/11 Tru...
- UK Sheeple Investing Recommendations
- Christian Zionists, again.
- SuperGran Gives Armed Robbers a Beating
- NZ Fluoridation - hanging on by the skin of its te...
- EU gets its evil, Genetically Modified foot in the...
- David Icke on the Isle of Wight - the macrocosm
- Model crucified by media for calling sunscreen "po...
- EDL Rabbi Provocateur Makes Freudian Slip
- Links 7/Feb/11
- Louis Theroux - The Ultra-Zionists
- Why do we pay more for certain products than other...
- Minority Report: Companies Push For Ubiquitous Iri...
- Dutch Jews want a fast punishment for Anti Semitis...
- The Internet Should Not Be Anonymous?
- How Apple and Google will kill the password
- Yvonne Ridley says don't worry Egypt, MI6/London s...
- Webster Tarpley: US-UK Destabilization Rampage Tar...
- Links 1/Feb/11
- ▼ Feb 2011 (81)
- ► 2010 (647)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)