Sunday, 13 February 2011
Separation of Church and State is a Good Thing - Here's Why
Here is what happens when you do NOT have separation of church and state...
Gay couples may soon be able to tie the knot in church
The Coalition government is considering a change in the law to allow gay people to have marriage-style ceremonies in places of worship.
Liberal Democrat Equalities Minister Lynne Featherstone is expected to announce later this week that a ban on civil partnerships being conducted in religious venues is to be lifted.
The move, which could also allow hymns and readings from the Bible, is likely to be welcomed by gay rights groups but met with strong opposition from traditionalists within the Church of England, other mainstream religions and the Conservative party.
However minority religious groups such as Unitarians, Liberal Jews and Quakers, who already carry out ceremonies for gay people, will be sympathetic to the move.
"The government is currently considering what the next stage should be for civil partnerships, including how some religious organisations can allow same-sex couples the opportunity to register their relationship in a religious setting if they wish to do so," a spokesman for the Equalities Office said last night.
So first the government 'banned' it (immoral - violates church autonomy); now the government will 'allow' it (also immoral - same reason). I suspect any church that refuses will probably be subject to a discrimination suit. You have a right to discriminate, it's called freedom of association. Government, only, cannot discriminate.
A few questions.
1. Considering that Christianity explicitly says homosexuals should be killed, why oh why is it that apparently so many homosexuals show interest in Christianity? Is it masochism, or spite, or what? Why do you want to 'marry' in that institution?
2. What the hell is Government doing deciding what a Church can or cannot do? Can churches not run themselves? What about the sacred separation of church and state? Or is that only invoked when school kids sing Christmas carols?
3. Will there be allowed homosexual 'marriages' in Mosques too? Or would that be 'culturally insensitive'?
(yeah, and the self proclaimed 'gods' that run 'your' beloved government, are not my religion! What's the matter, you weren't expecting the reciprocity?)
- Links 28/Feb/11
- Dear Unremoved Tumour, Please Don't Grow Back. I t...
- Unions and Cuts and Kookie Cutters
- Iraqi Heroes - They're Organised, Too
- Conspiracy Ego Fest
- Links 25/Feb/11
- How To Stop Sleep Paralysis
- Does Cameron Know The Difference Between Kuwait An...
- Fake Silver Bars/Coins in the US, made in China
- Greek Civil Disobedience: "I Won't Pay" Movement
- Teacher Knifed by Islamist Nutjobs, Peace Be Upon ...
- The Philosophy of Liberty: Property
- David Icke and Jeff Rense - The Big Picture
- Who Said Zionists Benefit From Anti Semitism?
- Why Nobody Trusts the Manistream Media
- Charlie, Fake Prince of Wales, Fake Environmentali...
- Nuremburg Excuse
- Dump the Debt
- The Right To Discriminate - Do You See Now, Gays?
- Chinese 'Jasmine' revolution?
- Step Away From The Console
- FKN Newz - Happy Revolution, Baby!
- Ancient Britons Were Cannibals, Too
- Harry Browne - Why You Are A Libertarian
- This is why you need gun rights
- 2000+ Nuclear Explosions 1945-1998: Time Lapse Vid...
- Best Wishes to Katherine Albrecht
- West Builds Islam to Create a New War?
- Opposing International Welfare Is Anti Semitic
- Raw Milk Information
- Saw this and thought of that
- Fox News Caught Using Dirty Tricks Against Ron Pau...
- The Orwellian-Russelian "Court of Protection" ster...
- The Takedown of Hosni Mubarak
- Katherine Albrecht - Biological Gender Differences...
- Christian Persecution - Is Someone Spinning You A ...
- I Have A Conscience. White Nationalism Is Wrong.
- Change The Crown Can Believe In
- Swiss say 'no' to gun control
- Women rightly protest Berlusconi's misogyny
- Pastor Manning asks, What's Wrong With White Folks...
- maybe it's time to
- Uh oh...Major Greek White Nationalist March
- Cashless Centralist Economies Have All Failed
- Aaron Hawkins and MistrBrit - criticism of Zeitgei...
- Separation of Church and State is a Good Thing - H...
- Students say "F*** the Illuminati"
- Tell Me What's Great About Grate Britain
- The Return of Rickets (due to lack of sun exposure...
- Ron Paul's speech at CPAC 2011: The Brushfires of ...
- Nukes Found in San Diego Port?
- falling asleep circa 2009
- Cuts for UK Middle Class. Not for wars, corporatio...
- Do Western Authorities Care More About Hamsters Th...
- falling asleep circa 2006
- Mubarak steps down, hands power to Egypt Military
- How to recognise a Satanist?
- Sick, Misandrist, Anti Human Video
- Ron Paul's Consistency - CSPAN 1990
- falling asleep circa 2008
- Links 10/Feb/11
- Ron Paul - Fed update, Egypt crisis
- Cameron Wastes No Opportunity To Demonise 9/11 Tru...
- UK Sheeple Investing Recommendations
- Christian Zionists, again.
- SuperGran Gives Armed Robbers a Beating
- NZ Fluoridation - hanging on by the skin of its te...
- EU gets its evil, Genetically Modified foot in the...
- David Icke on the Isle of Wight - the macrocosm
- Model crucified by media for calling sunscreen "po...
- EDL Rabbi Provocateur Makes Freudian Slip
- Links 7/Feb/11
- Louis Theroux - The Ultra-Zionists
- Why do we pay more for certain products than other...
- Minority Report: Companies Push For Ubiquitous Iri...
- Dutch Jews want a fast punishment for Anti Semitis...
- The Internet Should Not Be Anonymous?
- How Apple and Google will kill the password
- Yvonne Ridley says don't worry Egypt, MI6/London s...
- Webster Tarpley: US-UK Destabilization Rampage Tar...
- Links 1/Feb/11
- ▼ Feb 2011 (81)
- ► 2010 (647)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)