Sunday, 20 February 2011
The Right To Discriminate - Do You See Now, Gays?
Gay hotels investigated for breaching equality laws
The Equality and Human Rights Commission is examining whether "gay-only" guesthouses breach new laws designed to prevent people being treated unfairly in the provision of goods or services.
Last month, Christian owners of a guesthouse in Cornwall became the first to be found guilty of discrimination under equality laws after they refused to let a homosexual couple stay in a double room, in a legal action supported by the EHRC.
Now, the watchdog says it must establish an "objective balance" by considering if gays-only accommodation also defies the legislation.
Its lawyers are now investigating the issue and the EHRC says it has not ruled out taking legal action against "gay-only" hotels if they are deemed to be discriminating against heterosexuals.
However, it admits that it has not received a single complaint from the public about such establishments.
The watchdog has also said it spent £15,320 of taxpayers' money on projects to ensure hotels run by Christians are complying with the law and has written to warn them over their treatment of homosexuals.
Hoteliers who run same-sex guesthouses fear they could be put out of business if they are forced to open their doors to heterosexual couples as it will make their core market feel more self-conscious.
John Bellamy, 55, who runs a homosexual hotel in Bournemouth for men only, said that the new legislation could result in the closure of exclusively gay guesthouses.
While he said he welcomed the new equality laws for tackling discrimination, he added that it had "come at a price".
"I knew we'd get this as the new legislation is a double-edged sword," said Mr Bellamy, who runs Hamilton Hall, which advertises that "clothing is optional" at the hotel.
"We've been campaigning for this law for years so that everyone is equal, but it could spell the end of gay-only resorts.
"Gay bars and clubs are closing because they can't restrict themselves any more and the gay world is losing its culture."
Mark Hurst, who runs a "gay-only" guesthouse in Blackpool has also expressed fears that he could lose his homosexual clientele if he is forced to accept heterosexual people.
"Many of them would feel more self-conscious. Many of our guests like to just sit on the settee in the lounge and cuddle up to watch a film," he said.
"They can hold hands and have a little kiss and would behave in a way they may not if they were in a mixed crowd."
The EHRC said: "As discriminatory issues concerning 'Christian' bed and breakfast establishments and hotels have been officially brought to our attention, and as we are testing the law in this area, there is a need for the Commission to establish an 'objective balance'.
"We are, therefore, looking in to the matter of 'gay-only' hotels'/B&B establishments and the potentially discriminatory policies towards heterosexual couples that some of those 'gay-only' establishments may hold."
And so the moral of the story is...you play with feathers, you get yer arse tickled. Oh never mind, that was Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere. My bad.
If you spend most of your time lobbying for silly 'anti-discrimination' laws, homosexuals, and picking on that poor family hotel just because it was Christian run, then don't complain when the authoritarian monster you helped create, ruins things for you too.
(if you think a business is run by assholes, and others agree, then boycott it and let people know...the market will take care of it.)
How about this. You run your own business, and you serve and don't serve whoever you please, and no 'equality laws'. No Smoking Ban either, by the way, let businesses choose, and let people choose whether to support smoking or non-smoking businesses. Same goes in all cases.
This to some is a form of 'private tyranny', but frankly, considering we live in Orwell's vision, I'm not surprised to hear that "Freedom is Slavery". State-Corporatism is not freedom, neither is Government; it is its antithesis. Everything the state does, violates the golden rule. Government is the only group that should not be able to discriminate (as it claims to have power over everyone by force, unlike citizens who by and large are not so arrogant).
And while we're on the subject, of course I don't have a problem with your 'marriages' or whatever you want to call it. Well, even if I did, even if I thought it was a bit gross, that's not the point is it; you still have the right. But also respect the right of any religious institution to not have them within their institution. And the right of anyone to criticise you just as you may (and indeed do) criticise herterosexuals.
- Links 28/Feb/11
- Dear Unremoved Tumour, Please Don't Grow Back. I t...
- Unions and Cuts and Kookie Cutters
- Iraqi Heroes - They're Organised, Too
- Conspiracy Ego Fest
- Links 25/Feb/11
- How To Stop Sleep Paralysis
- Does Cameron Know The Difference Between Kuwait An...
- Fake Silver Bars/Coins in the US, made in China
- Greek Civil Disobedience: "I Won't Pay" Movement
- Teacher Knifed by Islamist Nutjobs, Peace Be Upon ...
- The Philosophy of Liberty: Property
- David Icke and Jeff Rense - The Big Picture
- Who Said Zionists Benefit From Anti Semitism?
- Why Nobody Trusts the Manistream Media
- Charlie, Fake Prince of Wales, Fake Environmentali...
- Nuremburg Excuse
- Dump the Debt
- The Right To Discriminate - Do You See Now, Gays?
- Chinese 'Jasmine' revolution?
- Step Away From The Console
- FKN Newz - Happy Revolution, Baby!
- Ancient Britons Were Cannibals, Too
- Harry Browne - Why You Are A Libertarian
- This is why you need gun rights
- 2000+ Nuclear Explosions 1945-1998: Time Lapse Vid...
- Best Wishes to Katherine Albrecht
- West Builds Islam to Create a New War?
- Opposing International Welfare Is Anti Semitic
- Raw Milk Information
- Saw this and thought of that
- Fox News Caught Using Dirty Tricks Against Ron Pau...
- The Orwellian-Russelian "Court of Protection" ster...
- The Takedown of Hosni Mubarak
- Katherine Albrecht - Biological Gender Differences...
- Christian Persecution - Is Someone Spinning You A ...
- I Have A Conscience. White Nationalism Is Wrong.
- Change The Crown Can Believe In
- Swiss say 'no' to gun control
- Women rightly protest Berlusconi's misogyny
- Pastor Manning asks, What's Wrong With White Folks...
- maybe it's time to
- Uh oh...Major Greek White Nationalist March
- Cashless Centralist Economies Have All Failed
- Aaron Hawkins and MistrBrit - criticism of Zeitgei...
- Separation of Church and State is a Good Thing - H...
- Students say "F*** the Illuminati"
- Tell Me What's Great About Grate Britain
- The Return of Rickets (due to lack of sun exposure...
- Ron Paul's speech at CPAC 2011: The Brushfires of ...
- Nukes Found in San Diego Port?
- falling asleep circa 2009
- Cuts for UK Middle Class. Not for wars, corporatio...
- Do Western Authorities Care More About Hamsters Th...
- falling asleep circa 2006
- Mubarak steps down, hands power to Egypt Military
- How to recognise a Satanist?
- Sick, Misandrist, Anti Human Video
- Ron Paul's Consistency - CSPAN 1990
- falling asleep circa 2008
- Links 10/Feb/11
- Ron Paul - Fed update, Egypt crisis
- Cameron Wastes No Opportunity To Demonise 9/11 Tru...
- UK Sheeple Investing Recommendations
- Christian Zionists, again.
- SuperGran Gives Armed Robbers a Beating
- NZ Fluoridation - hanging on by the skin of its te...
- EU gets its evil, Genetically Modified foot in the...
- David Icke on the Isle of Wight - the macrocosm
- Model crucified by media for calling sunscreen "po...
- EDL Rabbi Provocateur Makes Freudian Slip
- Links 7/Feb/11
- Louis Theroux - The Ultra-Zionists
- Why do we pay more for certain products than other...
- Minority Report: Companies Push For Ubiquitous Iri...
- Dutch Jews want a fast punishment for Anti Semitis...
- The Internet Should Not Be Anonymous?
- How Apple and Google will kill the password
- Yvonne Ridley says don't worry Egypt, MI6/London s...
- Webster Tarpley: US-UK Destabilization Rampage Tar...
- Links 1/Feb/11
- ▼ Feb 2011 (81)
- ► 2010 (647)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)