Saturday, 19 February 2011
Step Away From The Console
A 16-year-old son has allegedly confessed to killing his mother because she took away his Playstation games console.
Kendall Anderson attacked his mother Rashida with a claw hammer while she slept, bludgeoning her 20 times, police say.
When the hammer attack didn't kill her, the South Philadelphia teenager dragged the 37-year-old downstairs and tried to 'cremate her' in the kitchen oven, according to a court report in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
When that failed, he grabbed a chair leg and beat her around the head, before dumping her body in an alley behind the house, it is claimed.
'The victim's body was found under debris,' a police source told MailOnline. 'She had suffered a blunt trauma to the head.'
Wearing a blue striped polo shirt and casual trousers, 5ft8 Kendall appeared in court today, where the alleged confession was read out.
According to his police statement, he spent three hours trying to decide whether he should kill his mother after she removed his computer games on the day after Thanksgiving, November 26.
'I couldn't stand the arguing,' he said in the statement, after apparently killing her at around 9pm.
The 11th grader has now been ordered to stand trial for murder, possession of an instrument of crime and abuse of a corpse.
Philadelphia police homicide Det. Thorsten Lucke, who read out the confession in court, said Anderson had expressed remorse for the crime and told him: 'If I could, I would not do it again.
'I really miss my mom... she was the only person who cared for me.'
First of all, in the interest of full disclosure. You know fine well where I got this story from and why it was linked there. But that's not what I want to talk about - really. I've got that out of my system so to speak, call it a brief (~8 month) detox after 15 years of politically correct brainwashing. It is what it is.
Two Hours of Gaming = One Line of Coke? (I think this concept is misleading, as there is no withdrawal from games. But anything involving a TV set does have effects on your brain comparable to drugs, see here.)
No, I'm discussing videogame dependency, which is something that I know about. Like most of what is promoted in today's corporate technotronic era of flashing lights, endless nothingness ritual is all I can describe it as. Oh but I was very good at it. You ask what it is that keeps people playing, I have never heard a good answer to that question from anyone. (Sort of like asking a drunk why they keep drinking.) I don't have a good answer. But my, it took a lot of time out of my day. Several times I stopped playing only to resume again within weeks. In the end what settled it was when I gave all my games to mother and told her to hide them, and that was the end of that.
Now the point here is not that I am comparing videogames to drugs. No, actually, not at all. Drugs are physically addictive (okay, most drugs). What we're talking about is psychological dependency (thank you Jeremy Kyle and that Graham fellow for the clarification). In other words, the 'substance' is a mental crutch. This may surprise non-gamers, but I would suggest videogames, while billed as fun, actually supplant work in the human psyche. Because, they generally revolve around repetitive tasks that often aren't fun, at least IMO. I didn't keep playing CoD because it was fun, but because it was like earning things, like work. I am not very surprised that some people would be willing to work for nothing but made up online currency; see here.
I would recommend keeping your children if you have any, away from these things completely (lest they end up like this fine hyperactive young gentleman). I was a lot better off before having anything to do with them. Same goes really for the internet, as it shatters your attention span. Although we are here to learn and to teach, right? Yes that means *you*, close that pr0n! I can see you from here! lol
- Links 28/Feb/11
- Dear Unremoved Tumour, Please Don't Grow Back. I t...
- Unions and Cuts and Kookie Cutters
- Iraqi Heroes - They're Organised, Too
- Conspiracy Ego Fest
- Links 25/Feb/11
- How To Stop Sleep Paralysis
- Does Cameron Know The Difference Between Kuwait An...
- Fake Silver Bars/Coins in the US, made in China
- Greek Civil Disobedience: "I Won't Pay" Movement
- Teacher Knifed by Islamist Nutjobs, Peace Be Upon ...
- The Philosophy of Liberty: Property
- David Icke and Jeff Rense - The Big Picture
- Who Said Zionists Benefit From Anti Semitism?
- Why Nobody Trusts the Manistream Media
- Charlie, Fake Prince of Wales, Fake Environmentali...
- Nuremburg Excuse
- Dump the Debt
- The Right To Discriminate - Do You See Now, Gays?
- Chinese 'Jasmine' revolution?
- Step Away From The Console
- FKN Newz - Happy Revolution, Baby!
- Ancient Britons Were Cannibals, Too
- Harry Browne - Why You Are A Libertarian
- This is why you need gun rights
- 2000+ Nuclear Explosions 1945-1998: Time Lapse Vid...
- Best Wishes to Katherine Albrecht
- West Builds Islam to Create a New War?
- Opposing International Welfare Is Anti Semitic
- Raw Milk Information
- Saw this and thought of that
- Fox News Caught Using Dirty Tricks Against Ron Pau...
- The Orwellian-Russelian "Court of Protection" ster...
- The Takedown of Hosni Mubarak
- Katherine Albrecht - Biological Gender Differences...
- Christian Persecution - Is Someone Spinning You A ...
- I Have A Conscience. White Nationalism Is Wrong.
- Change The Crown Can Believe In
- Swiss say 'no' to gun control
- Women rightly protest Berlusconi's misogyny
- Pastor Manning asks, What's Wrong With White Folks...
- maybe it's time to
- Uh oh...Major Greek White Nationalist March
- Cashless Centralist Economies Have All Failed
- Aaron Hawkins and MistrBrit - criticism of Zeitgei...
- Separation of Church and State is a Good Thing - H...
- Students say "F*** the Illuminati"
- Tell Me What's Great About Grate Britain
- The Return of Rickets (due to lack of sun exposure...
- Ron Paul's speech at CPAC 2011: The Brushfires of ...
- Nukes Found in San Diego Port?
- falling asleep circa 2009
- Cuts for UK Middle Class. Not for wars, corporatio...
- Do Western Authorities Care More About Hamsters Th...
- falling asleep circa 2006
- Mubarak steps down, hands power to Egypt Military
- How to recognise a Satanist?
- Sick, Misandrist, Anti Human Video
- Ron Paul's Consistency - CSPAN 1990
- falling asleep circa 2008
- Links 10/Feb/11
- Ron Paul - Fed update, Egypt crisis
- Cameron Wastes No Opportunity To Demonise 9/11 Tru...
- UK Sheeple Investing Recommendations
- Christian Zionists, again.
- SuperGran Gives Armed Robbers a Beating
- NZ Fluoridation - hanging on by the skin of its te...
- EU gets its evil, Genetically Modified foot in the...
- David Icke on the Isle of Wight - the macrocosm
- Model crucified by media for calling sunscreen "po...
- EDL Rabbi Provocateur Makes Freudian Slip
- Links 7/Feb/11
- Louis Theroux - The Ultra-Zionists
- Why do we pay more for certain products than other...
- Minority Report: Companies Push For Ubiquitous Iri...
- Dutch Jews want a fast punishment for Anti Semitis...
- The Internet Should Not Be Anonymous?
- How Apple and Google will kill the password
- Yvonne Ridley says don't worry Egypt, MI6/London s...
- Webster Tarpley: US-UK Destabilization Rampage Tar...
- Links 1/Feb/11
- ▼ Feb 2011 (81)
- ► 2010 (647)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)