Wednesday, 23 February 2011
The Philosophy of Liberty: Property
h/t Skeptical Eye
But who would build roads?
How would we maintain order?
Aren't these things desirable?
Kind of like how a flat screen TV is desirable?
Who builds flat screen TVs?
Ooh not forgetting the other one,
What if someone tried to take over?
(Umm, I think that one may have already happened...)
Also btw anyone familiar with Georgism? Interesting different perspective.
In general I steer clear of 'political ideology' per se, since it tends to get too narrowed down to arguing specific, small issues rather than seeing the bigger picture, the importance of embracing freedom and the non-initiation-of-force principle, and then within that framework different groups can live how they see fit.
(yeah, best think twice before jumping on that^ bandwagon, or at least check out the ACL first)
But one thing I will say is that our language is so unfairly biased against anarchists. First of all the term anarchy, and its cultural associations. Sorry, I'm not a fan of the crazy hair...lol. Secondly the behaviour of people (often police provocateurs, as I have said before) calling themselves anarchists and then smashing things up and saying 'F the Police' and 'F the troops'. Thirdly, the notion that government is there to protect your life, liberty and property, when all they ever do is the exact opposite.
Now I suggest a change in the semantics that will make it more clear. Instead of talking about 'getting rid of the government' (which makes people think - not entirely unreasonably - of disorder and chaos), how about keeping all the current government institutions but having them be funded voluntarily. So really only taxes and the debt slave currency monopoly have to go - and indeed they do, as they are a total violation of morality on every level, and a symptom of our fallen state, as I said. Police remain. Courts remain. Hell, the Mil-Int still remain. They just have to get their funding either by selling their services, or by charitable donation like any other NGO.
A good example btw would be the RNLI here in the UK/Eire, totally donation funded right now, and they do great and heroic work rescuing people at sea, just as good as any government funded scheme could be (until looking into it, I presumed government ran the lifeboats just as they currently run other emergency services). Do the RNLI not send a lifeboat because it would be cheaper not to? NO! Because a) they are good people I presume, and b) they would lose public support and thus donations, if people thought they were a bunch of 'death panel' enthusiasts who liked to 'deny care'.
Imagine kids standing around with loud shaking buckets of coins, just like they do for charities, but with 'MI5' written on the label. Or 'Royal Groom of the Stole Fund'. Haaaaaa. If I ever see that I'll know 'we' have won. : )
- Links 28/Feb/11
- Dear Unremoved Tumour, Please Don't Grow Back. I t...
- Unions and Cuts and Kookie Cutters
- Iraqi Heroes - They're Organised, Too
- Conspiracy Ego Fest
- Links 25/Feb/11
- How To Stop Sleep Paralysis
- Does Cameron Know The Difference Between Kuwait An...
- Fake Silver Bars/Coins in the US, made in China
- Greek Civil Disobedience: "I Won't Pay" Movement
- Teacher Knifed by Islamist Nutjobs, Peace Be Upon ...
- The Philosophy of Liberty: Property
- David Icke and Jeff Rense - The Big Picture
- Who Said Zionists Benefit From Anti Semitism?
- Why Nobody Trusts the Manistream Media
- Charlie, Fake Prince of Wales, Fake Environmentali...
- Nuremburg Excuse
- Dump the Debt
- The Right To Discriminate - Do You See Now, Gays?
- Chinese 'Jasmine' revolution?
- Step Away From The Console
- FKN Newz - Happy Revolution, Baby!
- Ancient Britons Were Cannibals, Too
- Harry Browne - Why You Are A Libertarian
- This is why you need gun rights
- 2000+ Nuclear Explosions 1945-1998: Time Lapse Vid...
- Best Wishes to Katherine Albrecht
- West Builds Islam to Create a New War?
- Opposing International Welfare Is Anti Semitic
- Raw Milk Information
- Saw this and thought of that
- Fox News Caught Using Dirty Tricks Against Ron Pau...
- The Orwellian-Russelian "Court of Protection" ster...
- The Takedown of Hosni Mubarak
- Katherine Albrecht - Biological Gender Differences...
- Christian Persecution - Is Someone Spinning You A ...
- I Have A Conscience. White Nationalism Is Wrong.
- Change The Crown Can Believe In
- Swiss say 'no' to gun control
- Women rightly protest Berlusconi's misogyny
- Pastor Manning asks, What's Wrong With White Folks...
- maybe it's time to
- Uh oh...Major Greek White Nationalist March
- Cashless Centralist Economies Have All Failed
- Aaron Hawkins and MistrBrit - criticism of Zeitgei...
- Separation of Church and State is a Good Thing - H...
- Students say "F*** the Illuminati"
- Tell Me What's Great About Grate Britain
- The Return of Rickets (due to lack of sun exposure...
- Ron Paul's speech at CPAC 2011: The Brushfires of ...
- Nukes Found in San Diego Port?
- falling asleep circa 2009
- Cuts for UK Middle Class. Not for wars, corporatio...
- Do Western Authorities Care More About Hamsters Th...
- falling asleep circa 2006
- Mubarak steps down, hands power to Egypt Military
- How to recognise a Satanist?
- Sick, Misandrist, Anti Human Video
- Ron Paul's Consistency - CSPAN 1990
- falling asleep circa 2008
- Links 10/Feb/11
- Ron Paul - Fed update, Egypt crisis
- Cameron Wastes No Opportunity To Demonise 9/11 Tru...
- UK Sheeple Investing Recommendations
- Christian Zionists, again.
- SuperGran Gives Armed Robbers a Beating
- NZ Fluoridation - hanging on by the skin of its te...
- EU gets its evil, Genetically Modified foot in the...
- David Icke on the Isle of Wight - the macrocosm
- Model crucified by media for calling sunscreen "po...
- EDL Rabbi Provocateur Makes Freudian Slip
- Links 7/Feb/11
- Louis Theroux - The Ultra-Zionists
- Why do we pay more for certain products than other...
- Minority Report: Companies Push For Ubiquitous Iri...
- Dutch Jews want a fast punishment for Anti Semitis...
- The Internet Should Not Be Anonymous?
- How Apple and Google will kill the password
- Yvonne Ridley says don't worry Egypt, MI6/London s...
- Webster Tarpley: US-UK Destabilization Rampage Tar...
- Links 1/Feb/11
- ▼ Feb 2011 (81)
- ► 2010 (647)
- ► 2009 (555)
And You Tell Me There's No Suppressed Technology?
It's another of those 'conspiracy theories' that good citizens don't notice. Imagine the standard of living if all the secret technology was released to the public...we'd be "free and independent" as JFK said! No more poverty anywhere! Can you imagine being sick enough to withhold such technology from society just to maintain your position of control? (Bearing in mind that we don't know just how much technological capability is being withheld, because, duh, it's secret.) What did Nikola Tesla really develop?
Individual Liberty? But that's "selfish"!
No, we need to look after each other voluntarily without having a government do all that at gunpoint. Sounds absurd at first but soon you realise that the reason it sounds so is because of the very unfree nature of our current existence. Envision greater possibilities! Ok, some kind of massive wake-up would be needed before this kind of free, responsible, uncontrollable society could emerge. And that's what we are seeing day by day in the world - a massive waking up of the previously enslaved masses (including myself I must add!)